PDA

View Full Version : Steering cable replacement.

eddieb
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
I haven't had any luck getting my steering cable to loosen up. So I am going to replace it. I have a 2002 Outback LS. Anyone here replaced there cable on an inboard? Can you tell me how you feed the new cable throught the floor.
Thanks Eddie.

mcdye
07-17-2009, 08:55 AM
do a search many threads about replacing and some pic to aid. I assume you have a DDrive, when u pull the old out have a rope attached to it so you can pull it back thru with the rope.

MEDIC151
07-17-2009, 12:47 PM
I did this on my 02 Mobius and it wasn't hard. Pulled the old one out towards the front with a rope attached and pulled the new one back thru. Took it to the lake and centered the steering wheel and done. It took me and a friend about 2 hours all said and done.

eddieb
07-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks Everyone who replyied.
Ordered a new cable today. Moomba wasn't much help. Called them 10 times only to get voice mail and noone would call me back. Talked to the dealer in Pueblo and he told me of the cable size. Should be here next week some time.
I love my boat but am not impressed with Skiesr Choice. Won't return calls and I have problems with cracks since I got my boat. The first year the dealer fixed them. They all came back and more. What is it with Moomba's and the gel coat cracking. My buddys have other brands of boats and have not had this problem.

1LOKMOOMBA
07-18-2009, 11:13 PM
I ordered a cable yesterday too from Ski Dim. I will post install. I have big muscles now from trying to steer.

mimoomba
07-19-2009, 10:28 AM
I've had my boat for 7 years and don't have crack in it. I also have called Skiers Choice once and had to leave a message, but I recieved a call back fairly quickly. If you called the dealer and he gave you the size, why didn't you order it from him?

PS: I see your newer to the board. Might I suggest you add what kind of boat you have and a general location of where you are from in your signature line. It helps us direct you easier in answers.

Thanks Everyone who replyied.
Ordered a new cable today. Moomba wasn't much help. Called them 10 times only to get voice mail and noone would call me back. Talked to the dealer in Pueblo and he told me of the cable size. Should be here next week some time.
I love my boat but am not impressed with Skiesr Choice. Won't return calls and I have problems with cracks since I got my boat. The first year the dealer fixed them. They all came back and more. What is it with Moomba's and the gel coat cracking. My buddys have other brands of boats and have not had this problem.