PDA

View Full Version : Stack Ballast bags

danimal365
07-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to place another fat sac on top of my stock bag in a lsv? I'm pretty sure they can handle the weight, but i'm not sure it would work well. Anyone ever done it?

D

Kelsey
07-17-2009, 07:30 AM
That is how we always do it. We will fill the rear driver side and the front stock ballast. Then we will put 500# behind the driver and another 500# on top of the rear ballast. The extra two bags are not plumbed in. I have a tsunami pump is use to fill them. Eventually I am going to replace the rear with 750's and plumb in the bag behind the drivers seat.

This set up puts off a really nice wave. If we have a few people in the boat the rub rail sits about an inch above the water level.

Expect some of the ballast in your rear bag that is plumbed in to drain out. The weight of the second bag will force it out. I try to slide the factory bag all the way to the back and then put the second bag standing up on end towards the front of the storage compartment. It eventually folds over and puts some weight on top of the factory bag, but keeps much of it off.

Sharpie647
07-17-2009, 08:56 AM
If were you going to be purchasing new bags to go on top of the existing bags It seems it might be worth it just to buy the correct size bag that you want so you can plumb it in with the existing system and no need for additional pumps.

Extra cost with buying the bigger bags from the beginning could be made up by selling the stock bags.

Saving would also come from not having to purchase additional pumps.

Now if you already had some extra bags and a pump well then go for it.

danimal365
07-21-2009, 08:00 AM
I already have the bags from my outback. I had the v drive sac's and would put one on each side of the clamshell. I don't think that i need anymore weight than the stock bags, I'm surfing free pretty easy now.