PDA

View Full Version : Just installed new Perfect Pass lsv

jimmobius
07-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Well that was an adventure. It took about 3-4 hours , hardest part was getting under the dash between the seat and the vertical support for the dash. I get to try it out tomorrow , all day . I followed the instructions to the " t " and it seems to be set up correctly. Finally will get a good pull , wake boarding ,wake surfing , and air chair riding.
Jim .

jester
07-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Sounds like a fun install. Did you take any pic's? Also if it really does take 3 to 4 hours i would have pulled out the drivers seat. I have spent about 10 min under there and almost pulled out the seat.

jimmobius
07-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Pulling the seat is a pain too, I am too meticulous when I install wires , stereo, etc , that's why it takes me a while. I have a ski buddy who paid to have his installed at a boat dealer and it took them 4 hours , they had to replace a bulkhead that was rotted to attach the module to. They only charged him for 2 hours. Anyway next project is raising the driver seat up 3-4" , that should be a challenge without taking the floor up.
Jim.

danimal365
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Jester, With the 08's it SHOULDN'T take that long. I only caps the should because things tend to go wrong for me. I installed PP stargazer wake on my 08LSV last week and it only took 30 minutes of working time. 3 nuts to remove moomba cruise 2 connections to make under the dash (1 is attached to moomba cruise) 1 connection on the motor.

jester
07-16-2009, 02:17 PM
I allready have the PP system instaled and i have changed out the computer before. My issue was i keep dropping the screwdriver on my head. I know mmandley will be installing a PP on his 08 LSV soon so having pic's of someone that has allready done it will help him out.

mofierka
07-16-2009, 02:43 PM
I just installed Perfect Pass on my LSV 08' a couple days ago. It only took about a half hour. When I talked to the staff at Perfect Pass they told me it was a simple install and they were correct. I thought it would take a good couple hours but everything went smooth. the hardest part was removing the moomba cruise. I installed the GPS reciever under the dash because I didn't want the wire and reciever to show on the dash. I wasn't too sure about putting it under there. I tested it on a cloudy day and it worked perfect.

danimal365
07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Where did you place it under the dash? I couldn't find a good way to get the wire out so under would work better.

mofierka
07-16-2009, 04:30 PM
I installed it under the dash on the left side where it flattens out. If you are looking on top of the dash its located in front of the windshield brace, in that general area. I just used the velcro that came with it. I put it on top of the reciever so its still facing up. Hasn't fallen yet. Double sided industrial adhesive tape would be more secure. I will try to post some pictures later tonight after a session.

mnpracing
07-17-2009, 09:59 PM
On your PP display harness, were there three small connectors labelled "timer", " timer", and "switch"? I just received my Stargazer Wake edition GPS version, and the instructions don't say anything about these 3 connectors. Thanks.

mmandley
07-18-2009, 06:36 PM
I allready have the PP system instaled and i have changed out the computer before. My issue was i keep dropping the screwdriver on my head. I know mmandley will be installing a PP on his 08 LSV soon so having pic's of someone that has allready done it will help him out.

I closely monitor all the PP posts hee hee. I will be installing one in March next spring after uncle sam gives me my house taxes back lol.

Razzman
07-18-2009, 06:54 PM
For those that don't know the biggest difference between Jimmobius's install and all you '07-'08 guys is DBW or Drive By Wire. With DBW it takes about 30 minutes, without DBW 3+ hours is the norm. The reason? You don't have a servo & related parts with DBW PP which makes it much easier.

mofierka
07-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Yes, mine came with those three connectors. I didn't have to use them. I just zip tied and secured them. The only small connector I used was the GPS.

lancesaville
07-22-2009, 03:26 PM
You get to try out your Perfect Pass yet? Makes pulls so nice, for driver AND rider, I think it's my fav option personally :D

skiyaker
07-25-2009, 02:36 PM
For those that don't know the biggest difference between Jimmobius's install and all you '07-'08 guys is DBW or Drive By Wire. With DBW it takes about 30 minutes, without DBW 3+ hours is the norm. The reason? You don't have a servo & related parts with DBW PP which makes it much easier.

PP is definitely an option I want to install- especially since my wife apparently thinks any speed between 10 and 35 mph is acceptable when I'm boarding and skiing (30 mph faceplant on a wakeboard isn't much fun). Do you know if my 08 OBV has drive by wire? Sounds like if it is I could do it myself- otherwise I better have my handy dealer do it.

mofierka
07-25-2009, 08:48 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/fierka/P7250140.jpg

Here is a pic of where I mounted my GPS reciever.

gcnettl
07-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes the DBW is a very simple install.

For anyone who ever has a problem with perfect pass, the guys at PP are very helpful on everything, from troubleshooting to questions to parts. They are knowledgeable about their products and you do not usually have to wait on someone to get to you, so no elevator music while sitting on hold.