PDA

View Full Version : Drain plug for ski locker

K_E_N
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm considering installing a drain plug to the drain of my ski locker along with a seperate bilge for that area. I'm hoping that by doing so, that area will stay a bit dryer or at least cleaner. I need to know what size that is, where to find such an item, and has anyone else done this to their boat. My boat is a 2004 LSV.

jmvotto
07-14-2009, 01:15 PM
1 1/4, get a test plug from the local hardware store with a wing nut.

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/ace-rubber-test-plug-for-sealing-in-soil-plastic-p-33094.html?ref=42

K_E_N
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
1 1/4, get a test plug from the local hardware store with a wing nut.

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/ace-rubber-test-plug-for-sealing-in-soil-plastic-p-33094.html?ref=42

thanks..........

NCSUmoomba
07-14-2009, 03:17 PM
I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to install another thru-hull drain plug? If so, I am not sure the one from ACE will do the trick. I have a DD so my bilge drain is under the engine in my boat. I wanted to get a spare plug "just in case" for it. I picked up a factory style Perko one from the local Mastercraft dealer. As a side note, he wouldn't sell me just the T handle plug, I had to buy both pieces. It wasn't cheap either, I think it was around $40.

brain_rinse
07-14-2009, 04:57 PM
I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. Are you wanting to install another thru-hull drain plug? If so, I am not sure the one from ACE will do the trick. I have a DD so my bilge drain is under the engine in my boat. I wanted to get a spare plug "just in case" for it. I picked up a factory style Perko one from the local Mastercraft dealer. As a side note, he wouldn't sell me just the T handle plug, I had to buy both pieces. It wasn't cheap either, I think it was around $40.

I think he's just talking about the hole that leads from the ski locker back to the bilge area on a v-drive. No thru-hull in this case. The ski locker gets slimy for some reason, guessing it's from bilge backwash.

I'll be interested to see if this plug works out. I don't think I'd mess with another pump, instead just pull the plug occasionaly and let any water drain back to the stock bilge.

deepcove
07-14-2009, 06:33 PM
I have a 2004 LS, I use a cork from a wine bottle.

K_E_N
07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I think he's just talking about the hole that leads from the ski locker back to the bilge area on a v-drive. No thru-hull in this case. The ski locker gets slimy for some reason, guessing it's from bilge backwash.

I'll be interested to see if this plug works out. I don't think I'd mess with another pump, instead just pull the plug occasionaly and let any water drain back to the stock bilge.

Yep! Also, as you've suggested I will likely just start with no second pump just to see if the area at least stays cleaner.