PDA

View Full Version : Prop Damage ???

EMMAS MOOMBA
07-13-2009, 08:42 AM
I have a 08 lsv hit poss log was soft. I was going slow rolled the end of my prop blades about a 1/4 of a inch up. i have a 4 blade and it only did it to 2 blades. Drove it felt like it had no vibration. What should i do. can you have them fixed. thanks Andy

MEDIC151
07-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I would take it off and have it repaired. Also look at the shaft where it goes through the strut to make sure that isn't out of whack. I too hit one at slow speed and bent the strut just a little, but I had vibration afterwards. Good luck.

gcombe74
07-14-2009, 10:53 AM
just depends how bad I suppose... had this happen last summer... hit a log in teh water and it tweaked on mof my blades...just a touch though... so I took some longer water pump pliers and slowly tweaked it back to place..... took my time... and have never had a bit of problem with it.... then a gain I had no nicks in it.. it just kind of folded it up a bit...so I straightened it out...

I guess I would weigh if the damage vs the fix cost is worth it... or worth trying to fix your self... worst case in the end you can get a new one based on what the overall cost of the fix is??