PDA

View Full Version : Standing water in storage locker- anyone know how to unclog?

moombag
07-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I have an '01 Mobius V-drive and I have water standing in the front storage locker. I have scooped it out a couple of times... but every time we go out and put our boards in there it starts standing again. It seems that the drain is clogged, so I tried drano and a tried to unclog it with a rifle cleaning kit. Does anyone know of anything else to try and get this unclogged?

Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

jmvotto
07-08-2009, 11:18 AM
try a shop vac to suck out the contents, or blow them through, or try a wire fish(snake) to clean it out. could be some insulation foam stuck in there.

gcombe74
07-15-2009, 06:27 PM
this is not a fix.. but I solution to at least get it to dry out.. go to skidim.com and buy the suckup pump.... I use this for alot of things... draining my oil... but when I go to winterize my boat at the end of the year.. I suck out all the water thats left... it works amazing...

Razzman
07-15-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure i understand exactly what your saying but i'm going to take a stab at it. Are you saying the in-floor ski/ballast/storage locker in the walkway won't drain? When you say "drain" are you reffering to the hole in the wall of the locker allowing water to pass to the bilge? If so to the best of my knowledge there's no way for it to clog, it's just a hole between compartments without any filtering of any sort.

It sounds to me like you have bilge water coming forward into the locker which it will do under certain circumstances if the bilge is not completely drained of water. If you put wet gear into the locker and the level doesn't raise to the hole it will stand as well. When i pull my boat out i pull the plug on the ramp to make sure the bilge is empty. I also jack the nose up on the trailer when parked to run water to the rear.

K_E_N
07-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Don't go poking too hard at the resistance you hit when you try to stick something through that hole in your ski locker. That resistance is your gas tank. At least that's how mine is.

skiyaker
07-16-2009, 10:10 AM
in a related question- I keep getting water in my ski locker and I presume it's coming from the ballast bag- either a fitting or the bag itself. When I looked into the compartment I found a bunch of sharp screws penetrating the compartment from above so I'm thinking if the bag's not leaking now I can't imagine it will take very long to puncture if I fill it very full at all. Should I take a dremel and buff down the screws or something?

Razzman
07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Blunt the ends with a file or dremel then put a dab of silicon on the ends and let cure.