PDA

View Full Version : Where to find affrodable graphics?

Jeff W
07-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I've got an 02' Outback with the old school looking "moomba" on the side and I think the boat needs some updating..

I did a quick run through E-Bay but could only find some generic looking stuff. Anyone have a link or place I could look at some decent stuff? I think for now I'll just replace to the side graphics with something updated different.

I don't care if it's OEM Moomba from a newer rig or something custom/aftermarket that says Moomba/Outback, etc..

Links? Ideas? Pics of your changes? I don't think I'll be able to rock the 'naked' look so I'll need some new graphics.

Thanks!

kaneboats
07-08-2009, 10:29 AM
I actually thought one of the ebay ones was kind of cool. Maybe you should consider a half wrap? Check out Sled's wrap. Pretty cool.

MOOMBA_97
07-08-2009, 10:43 AM
You can get OEM from Skiers Choice. They are cheaper than going through the dealer. I replaced my '01 decals last year. There is a picture of the new in the Moomba Familes section.

Monty

zabooda
07-08-2009, 11:10 AM
I got a 98 Mobius that I plan to add a 1/2 wrap to. I have a nice metalflake that I don't want to cover up but a wrap would look great. IMO, having a newer SC sticker on an older boat would look odd. It's like adding new Mustang stickers to a Mustang II. I plan to design my own wrap and then find someone to make it.

brain_rinse
07-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I'd go with updated OEM graphics. I went with the Mobius streak and it was around $150 total for the 2 stickers.

Waynes345
07-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I've got a '99 Outback and the decals are getting ratty so I'd like to replace them. I'm kind of partial to the large block letters used at that time. Can the old look still be ordered or do you have to go with current graphics on the decals? Can't afford a wrap after having invested in a lift motor this year. Thanks.

Jeff W
07-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I'd go with updated OEM graphics. I went with the Mobius streak and it was around $150 total for the 2 stickers.

Did you get them through Skiers Choice?

brain_rinse
07-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Did you get them through Skiers Choice?
I worked with Skiers Choice but they had me make the purchase through my dealer.

Jeff W
07-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I worked with Skiers Choice but they had me make the purchase through my dealer.

What would they cost for a guy off the street?

I like the Moomba decals on 97 Outback or 97 Moomba's yellow outback. I will probably just go with those.

brain_rinse
07-08-2009, 02:49 PM
What would they cost for a guy off the street?

I like the Moomba decals on 97 Outback or 97 Moomba's yellow outback. I will probably just go with those.
I don't think I got any kind of special deal on the price. Plus the streak graphics I went with are pretty big, so I think you'd be under $150 out the door.

Jeff W
07-08-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't think I got any kind of special deal on the price. Plus the streak graphics I went with are pretty big, so I think you'd be under $150 out the door.

I'd actually like the Mobius streak graphics better than the regular Moomba graphic. But I'll probably end up with the Moomba OEM graphic so I'm not looking like a Honda ricer with Mobius graphics on my outback (not that 99% of people would know)..

Hell, I don't even know the difference. Comparing a 2002 Outback DD to a Mobius DD - what is the difference? Same hull and motor, right? The mobius comes with a tower and ballast in those years? What else? Or am I incorrect about the hull?

jasonba1
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
If your looking for oem graphics Viper Customs usually has them give him a call at 865-388-4096