PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Midwest Supra and Moomba Owners Reunion

NAW
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I have some great news! Keep July 25th marked on your calendar because with the help of the Chicago area dealer, the 3rd Annual Midwest Supra/Moomba Reunion is going to happen!

Once the location and a few other items are confirmed, I will post a ton of details. It will take place in the Barrington, IL area on Fox River. The area that is being confirmed is a fantastic area for riding, skiing and mooring your boat, with a great picnic area.

Stay Tuned!!

If you'd like to be on the mailing list for future updates, you can email me your address at [email protected].

deerfield
07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
NAW - Excellent news! I sent you an email with my address for updates. Thanks. - Deerfield

NAW
07-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Host: Ultimate Wake Watersports and Chicago Sea Ray
Location: Fox River Preserve and Marina 26034 Roberts road, Barrington, IL
When: Saturday July 25th, 8:00 a.m.- ?
Phone: 815.385.2720

Don't miss this annual opportunity to meet your fell Supra and Moomba Owners at the Fox River Preserve off roberts and Darrel road in Barrington.

NEW SITE!! offering fantastic launch facilities with ample parking, picnic area, restrooms with showers, protected slips for every boat right off the best riding water on the Fox.

Plenty of riding, food, games and fun will be had. Anybody up for a Moomba Owners vs. Supra Owners volleyball match!?

This year, being a bit more budget concious, Ultimate Wake wil be supplying the site, soda, grills and grillables. Please bring a pot luck item to share.

Chain of Lakes stickers will be required and day stickers will be available on site for $11.

The annual sandbar raft up will also be happening on Petite Lake on the 25th for those who would like to partake in the afternoon. It is about a 15 mile run up the river by water through the McHenry Lock.

For additional information, please contact any of the following:

Ultimate Wake Watersports: 815.385.2720
Glenn Pollack: [email protected]
Neil Wahlberg: [email protected]

kaneboats
07-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Glad to hear somebody's actually having a reunion this summer. Love the volleyball game idea. Wouldn't want to face those Supra guys in tennis or golf though. LOL!

Sled491
07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
My buddy sent me an email that got all jumbled about this. Great news! Supra people bring your A game is all I have to say.

:)

deerfield
07-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Hope you guys make it to the jam. I'll be there with my crew. Signed up about a week ago. Have not seen your names yet.

Hey, for those who have never attended, this is a great event. Bring family and friends. It's open to any Moomba or Supra owner. Does not matter where you got your boat.

Event is a week from this Saturday in Barrington (IL) on the Fox River.

Sled491
07-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Tryinhg to, but when it got cancelled other things got booked. If I do come it will just be me and the 2 little ones. About how much further is the drive from the old site?

kaneboats
07-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Don't forget the camera. We want to see what happened.

Sled491
07-18-2009, 03:01 PM
You know we are here to please :)

deerfield
07-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey, Mrs. D and I today checked out the site for next Saturday's Chicago area jamboree.

Entrance to the Fox River Preserve and Marina is well marked as you approach it on Roberts Road. The picnic area is what you first see. After entering the preserve, travel past the picnic area to get to the launch and marina.

Overall, it's a very nice place. Lots of launch (six lanes) and parking space for tow vehicles and trailers. The preserve grounds and buildings are clean and well maintained. Although we did not check out the inside of the bathrooms, I can tell you that the restroom building is located in the picnic area.

Because it is a public preserve, I was told by marina staff that daily slip and dock space is available on a first come first served. Seems to me that, unless other arrangements have been made, come lunch time it may be necessary for the jam folks to retrieve their boats and relaunch after lunch.

Oh, one more thing. In addition to the $11 Chain O Lakes sticker fee, there is a sign at the launch site that the daily fee to launch is $10 for Lake County residents and $15 for non-residents. Be prepared with enough cash.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday. I like this venue and know we are going to have a great time. See you there! - Deerfield

deerfield
07-18-2009, 10:54 PM
About how much further is the drive from the old site?

Sled - Per mapquest, the new site is twelve miles straight south of the old site. It estimates a fifteen minute drive. Not that much further of a drive, if you can make it. I checked the invite RSVP list. As of this evening, there are 42 signed up (28 adults and 14 kids). At least eight boats. My guess is over the next six days more will accept the invite and some will just show up. The more the merrier. Hoping you and the fam can make it. - Deerfield

Suprahunter
07-21-2009, 12:22 AM
Deerfield
Yes I am planning to go to the reunion. I talked to Aaron at Ultimate Wake.
He said we have the whole marina for our reunion there will be no charge for launching only the $11 fox lake one day fee. Tell all your friends I know its short notice but this will be the only reunion this year.

deerfield
07-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Suprahunter - Excellent! Great to hear you will be at the jamboree. And thanks for the information on the marina. Ultimate Wake has logisitcs covered. We will be there ready for a great day. See you Saturday. - Deerfield

bucky145
07-23-2009, 06:30 PM
The wife and kids will be there, but I can not make it. The wife is too scared to take the boat out alone with the kids, so my Moomba has to stay home.

edit: Trailer access and parking is good, the launch is paved and has four or six spots to launch with additional boat parking off to the side. I have never had a problem at this location but it does get real shallow real quick if you get off the beaten path. The shallow area near the landing is marked. After launching, stay close to the landing area and move to the main channel. Watch for the cigar boats traveling fast later in the day trying to side slip their boats near the narrow bend in the river right at the landing. The marina is just south of the launch area and is nice.

I learned to stay in the center and mind the channel markers with one prop near the bridge at Route 176. On the chain, it took me a whole season get use to not having deep water under me.

Have fun.
Bucky145