PDA

View Full Version : Slalom Binding question

Spaceball 1
07-07-2009, 03:24 PM
I have been given a very nice what appears to be a high end Connely ski. I however can not get up on it for the life of me. I have slalom skied many times before with skis ranging from 56" to 69" and could get up on all of them. After getting seriously frustrated, i looked at the bindings and noticed they are very far forward and far apart. I asked the guy who gave me the ski and he said that he had only been able to get up once on it and that is reason he gave it to me. He thought he was flat out to heavy for it. He is 225+ and i am 160 so this should not be the issue. Is there a general starting point on where the bindings should be mounted on a 65 or 67 ski?

Thanks
Grant

kaneboats
07-07-2009, 04:34 PM
It is possible they were mounted too far forward or it was a custom ski and someone had it set up that way. Generally, the ski should break the water around the middle of your front foot. You might either try calling Connelly or visiting a local shop and taking a tape measure with you. (For a ballpark reference, on my old O'Brien 72" ski the front of the front binding is 26.5 inches from the tip.)

maxpower220
07-07-2009, 08:29 PM
From Connelly for the F1 ski:

Factory fin setting is 2.5" deep and .830" from the tail of the ski.
The mini wing on the fin should be @ 7 degrees.
Binding placement is measured from the heel of the front binding to the tail of the ski

65"= 28.125"
66"= 28.625"
67"= 29.125

This should be a good starting point. Use a caliper for best results.

kaneboats
07-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Outstanding! I was sure measuring from the tip was useless.