PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Fun

Waynes345
07-07-2009, 01:31 PM
While we're waiting out a rainstorm on vacation, I thought I'd post a couple of pics of my kids having vacation fun on their skis. We've been getting in sets morning and evening since Thursday and are planning more of the same thru Sunday. Not all skiing though as the one picture shows. I hope everyone else is having as much fun as we are!

kaneboats
07-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Looks like a great time! Hope it all clears up for you.

deerfield
07-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Waynes345 - Are these taken at ACL? How is the lake this year? - Deerfield

Waynes345
07-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Waynes345 - Are these taken at ACL? How is the lake this year? - Deerfield

Yep, Apple Canyon Lake. Been tons of rain so the lake is still cool and cloudy. Moderate crowd around the 4th even with the lousy weather on Saturday. We have been out here all week and have had some awesome water. Rained most of the day today and we skied about 4:00. Best water I can remember skiing on. Cool, overcast and not a breath of wind. I had to beg my wife to spot cuz she thought it was going to rain again. My son wasn't even going to put on a suit and just drive. We ripped it up back and forth as the only ones on the lake. Damn, I wish I could retire and ski weekdays and float weekends!

Waynes345
07-10-2009, 01:17 PM
I hear that:) Kids look good out there. Is your daughter on her new ski in that pic?

Yeah, she loves it. That pic was from last Thursday. She has made a ton of progress in the last week skiing a couple times a day and was really working it last night. Unfortunately, we are sitting out another day of t-storms and getting cabin fever. One of the crappiest weeks of July weather I can remember. On the plus side, it kept most of the tubers out of the way.