PDA

View Full Version : Engine Not cranking

mallardsjason
07-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Just was wandering if anybody out here has had problems cranking there moomba.. I have an 2009 moomba outback and it has had problems cranking here lately.. I was thinking that it was the battery at first but then it kept on evan after a new battery.. WEll it has stranded me a couple of time.. Well come to find out that for some reason is that i have to open my hatch and turn the blower on everytime i stop and let boat sit for awhile before we go and ski again.. if i don't let it air out and cool off for over 20 min it want stay cranked.. It will just fire up and go rite back dead.. Just curious if anybody out there is having this same problem and if so what have they done to your boat to fix it.. My dealer cant figure out what is going on.. He was supposed to contact Indmar and ask them but i havent heard back from him yet..

Thanks,

LSM
07-06-2009, 09:26 PM
See if this thread helps.........

Several of us have had the same problem on real hot days. It seems to be a vapor lock type situation.

I'm hearing that running gas with ethonal in it seems to make it worse.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=8476

If link doesn't work, read through the service/repair section on this forum.

LSM.

mobyatBelews
07-06-2009, 09:32 PM
I have the same deal. Mine is an '05 LS. I had never had a days trouble until this year. I now leave the blower running and the engine compartment up for 5 -10 minutes when sitiing. Since then, not an issue. My dealer said the main culprit is the ethenol.

LSM
07-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Does it go dead while running or is it just hard to start with a hot engine?

In my case I ran mine down the lake and then shut it off for the kids to swim. When I started it up later it ran terrible then died. The engine would only turn over but not start.

It only seems to do it on a real hot day in a situation as mentioned above. Once cranked and moving down the lake it runs fine.

I did have trouble one hot evening whith it going dead while idling. I think it is all related.

Is you situation totally different?

Sled491
07-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Where are you located, seems like a vapour lock problem. Many V drive guys have had this problem but never heard of an Outback with this prob. How is the operating temp when you shut her down?