PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Tower Speakers '09 LSV

LakeMonster
07-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I have searched around alot and still havn't found the answer I'm looking for.
I'm looking at purchasing a Kicker MX350.4 amp to power the Kicker KMT6 tower speakers. It seems that the amp will supply enough power (correct me if I'm wrong), but will I need to run a second battery? I don't sit around in party cove and listen to music only when im driving it around. Also, does anyone know if I will have to drill a hole in the bottom of the tower foot to run the speaker wires? I had read that some towers were bolted on and some were welded on. The boat is at our lake house and I'm trying to order these speakers and amp before I go back down there and wont be able to look at it until then. This is my first boat install but have been doing car audio for years. Any help or input is appreciated, also is there anything else that I will need besides the power and speaker wires? Again this is for an '09 LSV.

Thanks, LakeMonster

moombadaze
07-06-2009, 07:20 PM
LakeMonster, Ive got a 08 lsv and after drilling a hole(in the middle of the mounting bolts) under the forward tower foot i could run the wires up the middle of the tower.

tazz3069
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
I did the same. There is a hole at the base of the foot. You may need to drill hole in the gel coat to pass through the speaker wires through.

dtlaine
07-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I have the same amp and same tower speakers, and mine sounds just fine w/ just one amp. I also don't hang out blasting music with the boat off very often.

That amp runs the tower speakers and the stock cabin speakers in my boat. I have a separate amp for the sub. I can hear the music very clearly when I'm riding behind the boat. I'm actually smiling thinking of it right now.

jjolson
07-06-2009, 10:48 PM
I did the same as tazz and moombadaze

mmandley
07-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Welcome to the Forums LakeMonster.

Check out my profile album called Stereo upgrades it shows the locations to drill holes in the tower and boat to run those speakers. I have the same tower speakers also.

LakeMonster
07-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks for responding so quickly. I now feel safe ordering them, but just so I understand I don't need a second battery?

Thanks, LakeMonster

moombadaze
07-07-2009, 08:38 AM
i have just the original battery, but im not one to sit with the stereo blasting music with the engine off. If you are going to just sit and jam out-get the second battery for the stereo to run off of.