PDA

View Full Version : Quick release removal

KT Mobius
07-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I bought the 750 ballast, however I am unable to remove the quick release connections from my old 400 ballast. The ones that screw into the bag. Any ideas?

newty
07-06-2009, 03:16 PM
I used a heat gun, then when it was nice and warm carefully use a small flat screwdriver and pry around the edges. Then when the fitting comes out clean it up put it back in and heat it up again so the bag side threads will mold back into place. The glue will not stick this time and when it cools it will spin right out.

GL

kaneboats
07-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I have the opposite problem. I'm still using the ancient waterbed fittings and the threads on one of my bags don't hold anymore. I'm thinking about gluing new fittings on but that means I'd have to change the whole system over. Maybe it's just time to look for an LSV.

newty
07-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Kane take the spinning blue part off the hose fitting side that threads onto the sack and then use a hose clamp to tighten the blue fitting to the sac. it makes it a little more perminent but it stops it from leaking. then get some of those quick release hose fittings from the home depot with a spare plug so the bag doesn't leak when your storing it.

make sense?

mmandley
07-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I bought the 750 ballast, however I am unable to remove the quick release connections from my old 400 ballast. The ones that screw into the bag. Any ideas?

Unreal man, i was just talking to Newty on the phone today about this. Other route to go is by new Male fittings, think i saw them online at Overtons for 4.99 each or something.

Mom is visiting on vacation and was nice enough to get me a pair of 750s for my B day. Love ya mom.

kaneboats
07-07-2009, 10:01 AM
That is about the last thing my Mom would be getting me. Congrats.

What the heck are quick release hose fittings from Home Depot?

Roachman
07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Just take a hairdyer and heat one side of the black base of the fitting for 7-10 min then put your foot on the base and with your other foot push away from the heated area (no screwing). Those factory bags are glued in and this will loosen up the plastic that the fitting screws into. This will not damage your bag and is what fly high recommends.

KT Mobius
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
thanks for all the input, let you know how everything works out

mmandley
07-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Yea let me know how that works out KT im nervous about doing that, if its as simple as using the hair dryer on it and pulling off the fittings then ill attempt it.

Found this older thread searching for some other things.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=6962

KT Mobius
07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
I felt like I was ripping it apart, so I ordered some new ones. Anyone interested in my 400 ballast give me an offer.

brain_rinse
07-08-2009, 08:28 AM
For others following this thread, I used a pan of boiling water to heat the fittings/glue and it made it an easy job. That said, it's not like they just twisted out... you still had to pry the fitting off because of the glue.

newty
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Kane they have quick release fittings much like air hose fittings with a spring collar and o-rings in them.