PDA

View Full Version : 4th didn't start out well..

sandm
07-06-2009, 09:58 AM
had great luck with the boat since new. never had any issues with it. went up to the lake this weekend for a 5-day camp trip. stuck the boat into the water wed. afternoon and voltage only read 10. had a real hard time turning the engine over but it started. probably should have had it looked at then, but went on. wife went home as she had to work thursday, so had her stop and pick up 2 new interstate marine batteries. mine were still the original delco from '06(really a late '05 build). new batteries worked like a champ all weekend. didn't use the boat at all thursday/friday. surfed all afternoon saturday. stated again sunday and the steering would shudder real hard as we took off. started during one of the surfing runs. drained and left the lake. got home and found a big wad of yellow ski rope tied around the propshaft. hopefully that's what was causing the shuddering.
have another 5-day camping trip next week :)
probably have to put her in saturday for a few hours to see if that was in-fact the cause of the steering..
thinking packing cord is on the list as well this week. bilge ran once every 2-3 hours when docked. seems like a lot.

hope everyone else had a good 4th..

let summer begin :)

kaneboats
07-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Just glad to hear you got away with it and didn't have your weekend ruined.

Sled491
07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
If I were a betting man I'd say you found your problem. Have a great next trip:)