PDA

View Full Version : boat wax

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-05-2009, 11:05 AM
ok guys you all have been so helpful to me so i thought i'd see what kinda boat wax ya putting on the boat i have a solid red one and they tell me to keep it waxed with a teflon in it so it helps reduce sun fading and the uv rays ... opinions please and what your using

mmandley
07-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I use the MaGuires Marine wax, its in a blue bottle about $8 bucks and i got it at the local dealer.

I also use the Babe spray wax and can only find it online. I use the spray wax as a once every couple outings deal. I use the McGuires once a month.

Theres another brand everyone swears by but its an online only wax and is a bit pricey.

For the interior i use Babes interior wash, and UV protectant. Aerospace 303 also but thats another online only purchase for me.

jjolson
07-05-2009, 06:33 PM
You can go to the Babes website and you can find retailers. I bought mine at the lake but they also have it at the local boat dealer where I live. I use the have used the mequires cleaner wax and the flagship premier and I like both of them.

moombadaze
07-05-2009, 06:55 PM
babes spray wax
babes seat soap
babes seat saver

gus 08 mobius lsv
07-05-2009, 10:12 PM
ok the meguiar's has a few different blue bottles i seen on the net... the different numbers are 44 45 49 56 67. which one of those do ya suggest

Suprahunter
07-05-2009, 11:27 PM
I use Poorboys products. I got a tip from a member on another forum. Its all professional detail products they work great. I use exquisite and 303 on the inside.

wolfeman131
07-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Theres another brand everyone swears by but its an online only wax and is a bit pricey.

I think Mike is talking about Levereage. Yes, it's $20 + shipping a bottle, but IMO it's worth it! I used to spend hours waxing down the boat to get the water spots off, but this stuff does as advertised. I simiple wipe down with a cloth chamois and it looks like you just waxed it.

mmandley
07-06-2009, 12:30 PM
I think Mike is talking about Levereage. Yes, it's $20 + shipping a bottle, but IMO it's worth it! I used to spend hours waxing down the boat to get the water spots off, but this stuff does as advertised. I simiple wipe down with a cloth chamois and it looks like you just waxed it.

Thats the stuff i was referring to. Thanks Wolfeman

I use the McGuires 45 Polish for Gel Coats.
I also use the Oxidation removal 49

The 49 will take out hard water spots and also works great for those gel coat scratches you get from boards and other things touching the gel coat.

I like the wax because it smells good, goes on easy and is also easy to wipe off. I can wax the boat in about 30 to 45 minutes.

The oxidation removal has a slight gritty feel to it and you just rub it right into any imperfections you see and then wipe it off, wax it with the polish and all you see is shine and no blemish. I have removed some pretty nasty scratches from people banging there wake boards into the boat. They got a serious tongue lashing, and they are lucky the 49 removed those scrates.

jester
07-06-2009, 01:30 PM
I have to go with Levereage. Easy to apply and wipe off. Makes it quick and simple. Just remember to apply it in the shade or it does not work as well. well worth the price.

Aquaholic
07-06-2009, 05:35 PM
I really like Yacht Brights Magic Buff and then use their Pro Polish for the outside. I have heard alot of good buzz about the poorboys products. I also strongly agree with the exquisit products and the Babes soap and seat saver, great stuff. The only thing I didnt read someone else say is Mr Clean's foam cleaning pads, you should'nt own a boat if you don't use these babys.

Aqua

kaneboats
07-07-2009, 10:15 AM
I use those magic erasers all the time but I have heard of people warning you off of them. They are slightly abrasive and can take the finish off your vinyl. So be sure to use a protectant after you use them.

viking
02-01-2015, 01:55 AM
Major thread revival. Was searching to find a source for Leverage boat polish. I was on their facebook page but the links are dead? Anybody still using it and/or know where to find?

Also heard really good things about Collinite:
http://www.collinite.com/marine-wax/

And thinking I might try a sealer on my boat this season. I have used Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze on all my vehicles over the past year with great results!

spader
02-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Haven't read through this whole post but has anyone tried Woody's Wax. Saw some people swear by it on Mastercraft forums.

sandm
02-02-2015, 08:19 AM
latest boating mag did a test of waxes and one of the red meguires auto waxes came out top rated for use on boats. only $8 or so for a bottle. sure there are some marine that will work just as well, but crazy to pay for the words marine on a bottle.
woodies was tested in '12 and didn't fare very well. mc guys like it due to it's inflated cost :)

kaneboats
02-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Major thread revival. Was searching to find a source for Leverage boat polish. I was on their facebook page but the links are dead? Anybody still using it and/or know where to find?

Try here:

http://www.monstermarinestore.com/productdetail.cfm?productid=1381&incat=68

viking
02-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanks Kane. Found that after posting along with another site.
I still have Babes Boat Bright and some Speed Gloss left but was going to try the Leverage when I use that up. Interesting that its really not that available!

I like to use those for wipe down but I also give a good wax every spring. Been using Meguires but I think I'm going to go Collinite this spring.

gregski
02-03-2015, 03:26 PM
I use Collinite and I've been very happy with the results. I would definitely recommend it but I haven't used enough other products to offer fair comparisons.

uniwarking
02-11-2015, 08:44 AM
I've been super happy with Performance Boat Candy products. The speed gloss is perfect for shining it up and removing hard water spots after an outing... and the wax and polish are great too. Having a black/gray boat requires some work to keep up but these products certainly help! I believe we get a Moomba discount as well and they occasionally run sales.

Whitey
02-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Meguiars flagship for wax. 3M Finesse it ll as a polish before wax. Wipe down I use performance boat candy speed gloss.