PDA

View Full Version : I am pathetic

Kidder
07-02-2009, 11:09 PM
It is 10 pm and I am sitting in my boat in the driveway drinking beer and listening to music. I'm so giddy with anticipation for tomorrow that I think I may need to seek a psychological evaluation.

Our plans for the weekend are to take our boat out tomorrow early to avoid the crowds. We're only going to cruise and anchor up and go swimming.

Saturday we are going back out on my friend's pontoon to watch the fireworks. He has a campsite so we don't have to worry about having to deal with the boat ramp craziness. We will secure his boat after the fireworks and enjoy the rest of the evening at the park.

Sunday is a day to recover and watch MotoGP at Laguna Seca on Fox and then catch the Tour de France.

See, I am pathetic!

Kidder
07-02-2009, 11:12 PM
And yes, I posted the message above from my iPhone. LOL

tazz3069
07-03-2009, 12:14 AM
That is not that bad. I sit in my boat, that is in the garage, drinking a beer and wishing the weather is better. Now that is pathetic.
Tazz

Kidder
07-03-2009, 12:30 AM
That is not that bad. I sit in my boat, that is in the garage, drinking a beer and wishing the weather is better. Now that is pathetic.
Tazz

Weather in Vegas? Do you sit in the garage hoping it'll drop below 110 degrees? :D

tazz3069
07-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Hoping the wind will stop blowing. Its like the ocean now at Lake Mead. Two years ago this time, all day long, the water was like butter. We skied all day long, took lunch and skied all day long again. 110 degrees has not hit yet. I think it is around the corner though. Right now we are in Monsoon weather. Believe it or not, it rains more in summer than it does in winter.

mmandley
07-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Tazz i know your pain of monsoon man i grew up in Tucson AZ and its the exact same weather there.

Kidder i don't think your crazy at all man, thats a man who just loves his boat. I look and walk by mine all the time thinking about the weekend when its in the street, when its in the garage i always find some reason or another to climb in and chill with the stereo.

I really envy these guys with houses next to or on lakes that are smooth water all the time.

SEARK
07-03-2009, 10:20 AM
[I really envy these guys with houses next to or on lakes that are smooth water all the time.[/QUOTE]

It's really nice to have until the Game & Fish decide they want to suck the water out of your lake right in prime use time. :( "It's good for the fish". Maybe a little hard to note the sarcasim in that comment.

zegm
07-03-2009, 10:46 AM
It was a dream for over 20 years but yes it is nice to now look out the window and see the Moomba sitting in the boat lift in the back yard!!! :mrgreen:

Kidder
07-03-2009, 11:26 AM
It was a dream for over 20 years but yes it is nice to now look out the window and see the Moomba sitting in the boat lift in the back yard!!! :mrgreen:

OUTSTANDING!

deerfield
07-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Kidder i don't think your crazy at all man, thats a man who just loves his boat.

AMEN!!!!!!

ian ashton
07-03-2009, 05:52 PM
My neighbors surely thing I'm crazy, as I spent the majority of the day cleaning the boat, which started with a wash in the driveway, then I took it to the quarter car wash to really get it clean. Brought it home, dried it off, wiped it down with vinegar to get the water spots off, then I went over the bottom half with cleaner wax (including the bottom of the hull, laying on my back for 2 hours, lol), then regular wax, and after all that I moved into the interior to condition everything, haha.

Its a labor of love I guess, but the boat looks spotless :)

While waxing the bottom I had no less than 5 people ask me "What are you doing under there, fixing something?" lol.