PDA

View Full Version : Idle issues and no power out of the hole

subkilo
07-01-2009, 06:09 PM
I have a 2005 lsv carborated and it surges when in idle and has little power out of the hole. I have changed out fuel filter and I just cleaned and rebuilt the carb a week ago and is not any better please help i cant even get out of the hole with 4 riders in the boat

Wake Master
07-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Have you checked the Fuel Pump or for water in the tank? When you rebuilt the carb did the float look corrored this is a sign of water in the tank.

kaneboats
07-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Wakemaster is right. You have to start at the beginning and check everything. Fuel supply, pump, pressure, etc. A thorough once over will find it.

subkilo
07-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Have you checked the Fuel Pump or for water in the tank? When you rebuilt the carb did the float look corrored this is a sign of water in the tank.

I dont think its that cuz sometimes the boat runs great then others it barely can get up and the only time i have the issue is betweeen 1500 2000 rpm
Like I said earlier my boat surges up and down when idles blows smoke when first started and loss of power between 1500-2000 rpms and if i have that loss of power I can never get my rpms above 3000 when it should be running 4500 So you still think i should try with my fuel first?

mimoomba
07-02-2009, 07:05 PM
have you checked / replaced the cap and rotor yet?
That was my problem. I think we all think there is hardly any hours on this thing, it couldn't be bad yet... but think about the moisture that is sitting under that clamshell.

slalomskier
07-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I have an 06 Outback V and at the end of the first season, I was getting a bad hestitation when I would give it hard throttle. After taking it in twice and changing fuel filter and stuff, I finally got the dealer to meet me on the lake where they were immediately able to see the issue.

Long story short - they replaced the carb because it had a scaling issue on the inside. It sounded like a it was a quality issue during manufacturing. Not sure how big a problem it was.

Since getting it replaced, it's run great (knock on wood).