PDA

View Full Version : 4th of july starts in 2 hrs....

sandm
07-01-2009, 11:46 AM
heading up into the hills to camp/boat for 5 days at 11:30 this morning. 4 of us going, 2 more coming up for a day and hopefully another boatful of moomba lovers 2 other days.. weather shows mid90's for the entire weekend. trying to beat the day-trippers up to get a good campsite...
lots of surfing, little wakeboarding, some nice fires and a ton of beer in the evening after the boat is put up :)

hope everyone else has a good 4th of july..

be safe......

kaneboats
07-01-2009, 12:03 PM
You too. Have a great one!

jester
07-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Have a great time. It is looking like a great weekend for water time.

zabooda
07-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Typical 100 degree 4th here. I'm staying away from the boat scene and heading into the mountains for a dual sport motorcycle ride. I have one more week of work then I'm gone until the end of August. Whoo Hooo.

moombadaze
07-01-2009, 01:20 PM
have fun-- and think of us who are stuck at work when you have that cold one.

Mikey
07-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Up here in Canada we are gonna celebrate today as its our Birthday today,then tommorrow we are heading down Your way . Actually Sandpoint Idaho,to enjoy your warm ,clean, clear lake,wisppery calm water ,i hope,CHEEP BEER,GAS and we will help you celebrate and BLOW SHIT UP.
Sandm where ya headed?Theres 3 families running 2 Moombas coming your way. BEWARE.Lol

flex
07-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Its july 4th weekend and i still do not have the boat i bought last week. the dealer syas it is going to be ready Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. But this is what they said last week.

this may be a fustrating july 4th weekend; three solid days of great weather, wakeboarding & boat riding may be wasted. there is nothing worse than living on the water with no boat and watching other boats pass by.

i'll keep my finger crossed and hope for the best.

moombadaze
07-01-2009, 02:52 PM
. there is nothing worse than living on the water with no boat and watching other boats pass by.

Got a close second for you. We were thinking of taking our lsv on vacation with us but decided not to--1600miles one way. so we finally get to the resort and its just a down pour of rain--really crappy out, about a hour later the sun is out, the lake is like glass and wouldnt you know it, a Moomba lsv comes rippin by with a dude skiing--pretty good also, then comes back by barefootin. then stopps kinda close by and goes for a swimm. Never saw them again.

ian ashton
07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm about 26 hours out - pulling the boat out tonight to get ready for our trip to Grand Bend on Saturday morning. Taking the day off Friday to get the boat cleaned up and sutff packed. Man, tomorrow is going to be a looooooong day!

mmandley
07-01-2009, 03:53 PM
My vacation started officially today. Ive been off since the 27th and im off till the 8th. Tomorrow mom fly's in from AZ. Friday were headed to Seattle to show her around. Saturday its a Yale Lake for the day. Then fireworks and a party at my house. Sunday its down to Eugene all day for Fall Creek Reservoir, so should be a good weekend.

jclay5
07-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Cleaned the boat and the waverunners today and got them ready for the 160 mile tow to centerhill lake in tennessee tomorrow. Its going to be a great weekend hopefully the rain will hold out on Saturday and Sunday. Have a great 4th!

bergermaister
07-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Similar plans here - leaving in the AM and heading 160 miles east up the river for 5 days. Forecast is for the mid 90's and no wind! Dragging along a real surfboard this time to give it a go on my wake and see what we can do.

This last hour of the day waiting to get out of here is killing me!!!!!

kaneboats
07-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm going to straighten out the wakeboard racks, replace the bilge pump, tighten up the tower mounts, redo the tower mirror layout, fix the trailer fender rub, service the transmission in the truck and change the oil. I may not hit the water this weekend at all but we are going to hit it hard at Sinclair next weekend.

flex
07-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Got a close second for you. We were thinking of taking our lsv on vacation with us but decided not to--1600miles one way. so we finally get to the resort and its just a down pour of rain--really crappy out, about a hour later the sun is out, the lake is like glass and wouldnt you know it, a Moomba lsv comes rippin by with a dude skiing--pretty good also, then comes back by barefootin. then stopps kinda close by and goes for a swimm. Never saw them again.

I'm glad I kept my fingers crossed because the 4th turned out to be nice. I drove 6.5 hrs to N Alabama to pick up the boat and 7.5 hrs back home on
7/2; was in bed for 3am. We put the boat in the water Friday morning about 10 am. Did some boarding then picked the ladies up for boat riding the rest of the day. Saturday was the same.

Glad to be a Moomba owner!!