PDA

View Full Version : 100 hour service. Do on my own?

jester
07-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Ok so i have my 100 hour service comming up and wanted to know if i should do it on my own or take it in. I asked what they do and other then everything listed in the owners manual they inspect all the houses and cables and some other stuff. My dealer is about 2 hours away from where the boat is at also. Anyone have thougths on this?

kaneboats
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
There is no reason you can't do this stuff yourself. If you have any questions about any part of it just post them up here and get the help you need.

sandm
07-01-2009, 12:12 PM
oil change is the only part I have issues with. something about not being able to drain it out the bottom..

jester
07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Ok so i have the sheet on what they do and the only things i don't know how to do would be Check and adjust dwell, Align engine, Check and adjust drive shaft seal, and Check and adjust rudder box seal. Anyone know how hard each of these would be?

mmandley
07-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Ok so i have the sheet on what they do and the only things i don't know how to do would be Check and adjust dwell, Align engine, Check and adjust drive shaft seal, and Check and adjust rudder box seal. Anyone know how hard each of these would be?

Dwell is generic for Points system. Your boat is computer timing.

Align engine - does it vibrate? Do you have strange noise? Basically if your not having an issue there not going to change anything. This was done last month on my 20hr. Its more for if your having issues.

Driveshaft seal - on your own here.

Rudder box seal - on your own also.

I know AWS is charging 599 for this service. I'm not sure i want to pay that.