PDA

View Full Version : Did I get everything with my LSV?

Shoemaker Mobius
03-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I bought a new 2004 Mobius LSV recently and I was wondering what some of the standard features listed on the Mobius LSV specifications were. For example, in the list it shows two items I don't know if I received. One was "E-Z Oil Change Kit" and the other was "Nibral Underwater Gear". The first sounds like a kit to change the oil, but I sure never received one (that I know of), and the second I have no idea on. Can anyone enlighten me on these?

Yellowmobius
03-29-2004, 03:58 PM
The "oil Change" kit is just the hose that is connected to your oil pan. It is long enough so you can drop it through the drain hole under the engine, works slick for dropping oil.
The other portion of the "kit" I have leardned from the board is to use a small plasic bag (ziplock) when you take the oil filter off. Before you loosen the oil filter put the plastic over the filter, keeps most of the oil from getting in the engine compartment.

The nibral, I believe reffers to the prop. Ditch it and get a stainless when you can.

purplepower
03-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Nibral refers to the alloy used in the prop. I would gladly take a nibral prop over a stainless prop for a tow boat. The stainless do look nice though.

Shoemaker Mobius
03-30-2004, 11:10 AM
How can you tell a Nibral prop from stainless steel? As I look at the prop, it is very shiny stainless-steel-looking with 4 blades. Is Nibral shiny?

tygger6069
03-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Shoemaker Mobius,

The Nibral prop is a brassy color. Your stainless will look like chrome. Hope that you enjoy your boat as much as we do ours. Almost time to get it in the water here, with the drysuit on of course.