PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Help

sidetracked3
06-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Guys I am new to wakeboarding. I have been once and did pretty good. But I want to get a different board. I want one that I can progress with. I think mine is mainly for beginners and want something else. I have a 2008 Liquidforce Trip 138 and it seems very heavy. I would like something lighter. Anyone have any recommendations?

mmandley
06-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Guys I am new to wakeboarding. I have been once and did pretty good. But I want to get a different board. I want one that I can progress with. I think mine is mainly for beginners and want something else. I have a 2008 Liquidforce Trip 138 and it seems very heavy. I would like something lighter. Anyone have any recommendations?

Possible look into the 3 stage boards, they are more rounded for more pop and tend to be a little more slippery in the water so there not for beginners, sounds like you got your basic ridding down so this might be a good upgrade board. Everyone makes them so its up to you for the style and company you want to sport.

sandm
06-29-2009, 12:50 PM
see your local dealer and what they might recommend. I have found that to be the best way. what's good for me may not be right for you..

and you would be helping the locals out :)

Hootreville
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
If you have only been up once then you should be able to progress just fine with the board you have. I have ridden that board and there is nothing I could not do on that board that I do with mine. People think that a better board and bigger wake will make them better. There is no substitute for technique. I have seen people doing inverts behind an I/O with no tower on an old hyperlite board. Get some instructional dvd's that will help your progression much more than a different board for now. Just my 2 cents!!!!

germa001
06-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree with Hootreville. The trip is a good board. I've never been on one but I've seen people get great air with it and pull some nice tricks. I would stick with it at least until you know your style and what you would want different in a board.

sidetracked3
06-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I will stick with this one for a little while but it just seems a little heavy for me. But I will keep with it for a while. Thanks again for the input.

kaneboats
06-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Depending on the age of your bindings they might be what's too heavy. Compare the weight of them to friends' boards and bindings and see if it isn't the bindings that are heavy. If you replace them, when you upgrade your board you will be able to continue to use them.

sidetracked3
06-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Well I have the 2007 LF sphynx bindings. They do not seem that heavy.

kaneboats
06-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Nah, those would be fine. My brother has some about 2 years older than that and they weigh a ton.

Lawdog
07-01-2009, 01:46 AM
I dont want to sound mean or disrespectful but how old are you? If you are younger and a smaller framed person that might be why your combo feels heavy. I have those exact same bindings and an LF PS3 and my setup is really light...Yours shouldn't be much different.

mmandley
07-01-2009, 11:24 AM
If you really want to lighten the load on your bindings and board. Buy an 09 set of boots.

I have 08 boots and board. My other half has the 09 Limited LF Melissa edition set and its super light. Almost all the 09 boots were lightened by almost 1lbs per boot.

I don't think mine are that heavy im using a Hyperlight Apex board and Ronix closed toe boots. Then again im not trying to catch air yet.

sidetracked3
07-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I am 31 years old, just not a very big person. Like I said I am new to this and this was the first board I have ever been on so maybe I am just not used to it. A few people have told me to stay with what I got for a little while longer. So I will keep this setup and try it a little more. We are going out Friday so I will try to give a update. My biggest problem is that there are not any board shops around to try out demo's.

kaneboats
07-01-2009, 12:50 PM
That's the nice thing about ebay. You can try anything you want and if you don't like it you can sell it locally or put it back up. You lose your shipping but that's all. Sometimes you even come out ahead.