PDA

View Full Version : streering cable

mustangairchair
06-29-2009, 12:11 AM
have any one had to replace there steering cable? i just got another lsv and the steering is very tight ,it is a 05 with 120 hours this seems to be very low hour for this to happen is it not?

K_E_N
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5536&highlight=steering+cable

chausj1
06-30-2009, 11:11 PM
I have 140 hours and have had mine replaced twice. They tell me I should pull the plug every weekend to make sure the boat drys out. Have not been very happy about this issue

jroberts
07-03-2009, 10:07 AM
I have also had to replace mine twice. What I have learned is that it is very difficult to get all of the water out of the bilge, and the lowest point of the boat seems to be where the cable mounts to the rudder. So, the end of the cable sits in the water, and the water migrates up the cable and it eventually corrodes. These days, I try to take my wet vac to the bilge after I put it back in the garage. On days when the ramp is not crowded I also try to drain it as much as possible while on the steep incline before I take it home.

mmandley
07-03-2009, 10:15 AM
You guys are scaring me, i think just last week wake surfing the steering seemed tighter then normal, i never pull the plug on my boat as every time i do nothing comes out. I see some water sitting in the bottom of the bilge area but not enough to make the pump kick in.

I guess i better start pulling this plug on the way up the ramp, the lake we go to the wipe down area is on a steep Decline, so nose down ass up, not very practical for draining water or ballast.

seanpatsdad
07-03-2009, 01:41 PM
o4 LSV had to change mine after 4 yrs.Pretty easy job.Cable waws about 150 from Moomba.