PDA

View Full Version : Christening rituals ??

eseebeck
06-26-2009, 12:47 PM
What do you do to christen your boat, name your boat, whatever.

Each spring after getting her out of storage, a thorough cleaning and wax job. I take an Ice Cold Busch Lite, cans only on my boat and head for the launch. once there I go through the normal routine of checking things out starting her up and such. Once launched in away from the dock and everything is just right. I crack er open, the beer that is and pour just a little on the gel coat just outside the drivers seat. The rest is for me on the cruise back to the house.

Call me crazy, but it is a lot of fun to get ready for this annual ritual.

What do the rest of you do?

TSC
06-26-2009, 01:18 PM
It christened her with "It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

maxpower220
06-26-2009, 03:59 PM
It involved my wife and a secluded area on the water.

Razzman
06-26-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't name 'em, christen them or have rituals, just use them. To me it is what it is. I never get that attached to mechanical things 'cause just like all the boats, cars & bikes i've had, i'll sell it in a heartbeat if i get the wild hair up my you-know-what for something different. Did it with my Tigé and i'll probably do it again. Don't get me wrong, i love the LSV but if the day comes ... afterall it is just a boat.

PS: The wife would probably kick that you-know-what if i sold this one as she loves the LSV. :p

kaneboats
06-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Instructions: Remove cork in champagne bottle. Drink all champagne. When you wake up with splitting headache, find two good ziplock bags. Fill the champagne bottle with water (or soda water for effect) and replace the cork. Put champagne bottle in one ziplock. Keep the other bag handy in case you need to hurl -- you can just zip it right up when you are done and toss it. Break the champagne bottle over the nose of the boat and repeat: "I Christen thee [boat name]; may you provide many days of excellent weather and trouble free operation OR sink and let me turn in a claim." The bag will capture all the debris and you can put it on the mantle to enjoy for years to come. Note: Do not mix up the two bags.