PDA

View Full Version : Sunk Boathouse

wolfeman131
06-26-2009, 10:14 AM
My lake neighbor called yesterday and asked if I was coming to the lake this weekend because he might need some help with his seawall which was leaning over and pushing on the boathouse pilings. His son was starting the job of digging out the behind the seawall so we could pull it back upright and off the pilings when a loud creaking/growning noise started.

This is what it all looked like about 30 mins later. We scrambled & got the pontoon boat out, but an old bass boat is still trapped under the roof.

Lawdog
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
That sucks....Looks like a big project just turned into an even bigger project.

sandm
06-26-2009, 10:36 AM
man, sucks. looks expensive to fix as well.....

snowboardcorey
06-26-2009, 10:45 AM
Ouch! At least no one was injured, boats are repairable, people not so much.

moombadaze
06-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Wow, lucky no one was hurt.

If that bass boat wont come out maybee try filling it with water to lower it down to squeaze it out-think mega ballast weight.

jester
06-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow I hate it when a little project turns into a big project. If you can't fill it with some water to get it out just tie a big rope to it and pull really hard. It will come out one way or another that way. or you could pull the pontoon boat along side and use it to rase the structure enougth to get the boat out. Just watchout from the whole thing moving on you. Good luck with the project.

kaneboats
06-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Ouch! That's terrible. He'll probably have to disassemble the boat house and start over. Might be able to remove sections of roof to get the boat out.