PDA

View Full Version : Found a Solution

Appleknocker
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
For all of you guys that haven't made the switch to the seadek platform pad and are dealing with the old platform bleeding balck on to your boat when you step on it, I have found a solution. Not sure how long it will last but at least it has stopped it for now.

First I washed the platform as good as possible using a stiff scrub brush and let dry. Then I applied a health dose of 303 Aerospace "UV" Protectant. Seems to be working for now. Not sure how long it will last but at least it has stopped the bleeding until I make the switch this fall.

Here is the link to the cheapest place I have found it. http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/303-030340/

Hope this helps.

Any one interested in a group buy from seadek this fall?

Sled491
06-25-2009, 09:25 PM
Man you just missed one. But as popular as the Sea Dek pads are I would think you'll have no problems getting another group buy together this fall. PS I love mine, and think making the switch is a no brainer:)

Appleknocker
06-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Your absolutly right but when I tried to order one last year the wife couldn't understand why we needed a new one when the current one was in perfect condition. The trick now will be to get her to admit she was wrong.

Good luck with that right!! However now when I go to order one there should be any resistance. If only women thought like us men.

insanepolack
06-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Your absolutly right but when I tried to order one last year the wife couldn't understand why we needed a new one when the current one was in perfect condition. The trick now will be to get her to admit she was wrong.

Good luck with that right!! However now when I go to order one there should be any resistance. If only women thought like us men.

You should just damage the pad a little bit. That gives you a very valid excuse. Well it's not even an excuse you really would need a new one;)

kaneboats
06-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Just tell her you're doing it for her.

SEARK
06-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Just tell her you're doing it for her.

I'm sure that she'll believe that. :D

wolfeman131
06-27-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm sure that she'll believe that. :D

want my wife to call yours?

when I placed my order, she gave me the same look i bet you're getting, but absolutely loves that pad!

Sled491
06-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Apple, just make the short drive down to my lake. Let her hop up on my platform a few times and she'll be asking "why we don't have one like that?" :)

Appleknocker
06-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Thats not a bad idea, becasue then she will see how nice your boat wrap looks and maybe I could sell her on one of those as well.

Of course if I want a boat wrap I can kiss my Berreta shot gun that I have been looking at good bye.