PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Jamboree Cancled

Sled491
06-24-2009, 09:51 PM
So I got a call from my buddy today as we were trying to set up a full weekend in some cabins for the July 25 Chaicago land Jamboree. The former "Chicago SeaRay" employee who ran it for the last 2 yrs is no longer there and with that there was some confusion on who was looking after the event.

Well they called my buddy back later in the day to say that SC has pulled its funding of the event, therefore the event was being cancled.

1st off that sucks,

2nd can any one fromSC chime in here and either confim or deny Chicago Sea Rays claim?

3rd how many want to make the trip to my lake for a minni jamboree at my place? No free stuff just a full day of riding, and hanging out.

zegm
06-24-2009, 10:16 PM
And as a warm up for Sled's mini jam come down to Milledgeville Georgia for the Moomba Lake Sinclair Mini Jam!!!
All it takes for these events are Moomba Lovers! Nothing else matters! ;)

Sled491
06-25-2009, 12:18 AM
You got it brother:)

sandm
06-25-2009, 05:55 AM
man, i'd be down for both if they weren't so dang far away.
we have several supra/moomba boats on our lake up here, but none are active on here that I have seen and never see them on the lake at the same time. usually pass them on the freeway coming and going.

Kelsey
06-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Sled,

what lake? When? I'd be up for it if I'm not already booked.

Kelsey
06-25-2009, 07:00 AM
one more thing...are you sure we can't get anything for free? I'm not picky, maybe a beer or an old popped tube or something? It's a long drive not to get something.

Just kidding

Sled491
06-25-2009, 09:11 AM
My lake is Lower Nemahbin, in the town of Summit (or the cummunity of Oconomowoc). Off of Hwy 94 half way between Milwaukee and Madison.

Plenty of Hotels in the area or you can pitch a tent at my place.

Note Upper and Lower are connected and I can get to both with my Outback, but with a tower you need to lower it to get under the 3 bridges that make up the interstate.

Suprahunter
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Sled
I could be interested if Supras are included?

deerfield
06-27-2009, 12:09 AM
how many want to make the trip to my lake for a minni jamboree at my place? No free stuff just a full day of riding, and hanging out.

Sled - That could be a great day. Is there room for cars and trailers at the private launch? - Deerfield

Sled491
06-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Hunter, of couse Supras are allowed!

Deerfield, We can use up the whole DNR lot, plus the south side of the road. Docking at the lauch is a porblem, as there is only one deepwater dock and as Will now knows there is only one channel from the launch to the main lake. So for those coming we'll have to get you a little info packet and I'll have to stay at the launch to help out and direct traffic.

I have a great frontage but due to my shallow bay can only dock 4 boats tops maybe only 2 depending on water levels at the time. However, we can anchor 15 boats out front and walking in from your boat is no porbs as we have a nice sandy/Marle bottom and easy up onto the dock.

My lot as you have seen is relatively flat with just a slight slope. We could easily get 5 to 6 tents set up if there is a desire. Heck if you have a pop-up/tent trailer we can even get it over on my barge and pull it to my lot with my Quad runner:)

deerfield
07-04-2009, 10:41 PM
sled - My boys (23, 21, and 15) like the idea of hanging out at your lake. They were disappointed when I told them that the 3rd annual Chicago area jamboree was not going to happen, but perked up right away when I told them about this possible alternative. They even think we should camp out Friday night in your front yard. Yes, we have a tent and stuff, but it's kind of a hastle. If they don't win me over, then we would stay in an area hotel. Either way, we would drive up Friday evening. Obviously, the boat will come with us. Probably stop at Twin Lakes to pick it up on the way north. What is your thinking at this point? How can we help out with food? - Deerfield