PDA

View Full Version : Man, It happened again.

Sled491
06-23-2009, 11:52 PM
Crap!!! Our lake got shut down again for high water:( Last week thursday and friday we got hit pretty hard with some serious rain, but not until today did the local authorities put the speed restriction on. I think it is just to keep some tree huggers on the lake quiet. I'm hoping by friday night they remove it. I had just brough out 2 jugs of gas for a run tonight, man this sucks.

insanepolack
06-24-2009, 02:38 AM
That does suck. It's not even fair, what harm can boat wakes cause to the shoreline that waves from wind can't.

sandm
06-24-2009, 08:44 AM
yea, this seems like a good problem to have nowadays.
still sucks though...

Sled491
06-24-2009, 09:24 AM
You might think it's a good problem, but remember last year we were shut down for over a month. In case you forgot I live in WI, we don't have the longest summers to begin with:( And if things stay true to course, I'll be crying about low water at my lift again by the end of July.

sandm
06-24-2009, 10:18 AM
kind of amazing, too high in june, too low in july.
sucks...

I have worked with a TON of people from wisconsin/minnesota through my company over the last 20 years as they are based out of green bay/depere. they all gripe about the long winters, then almost no spring and straight into summer and mosquito season. we love being on conf. calls in april and talking about 70-80deg weather here and they still have the dirty piles of snow in parking lots. been there once for a seminar and it was pretty country though.

Sled491
06-24-2009, 08:12 PM
those piles are known as "SNIRT". The trademark of the Nothern spring:)

Looks like restriction should be off tonight. I went to the public launch and water level was at designated mark on bridge, so tomorrow we should be good to go and not a minute too soon as it has been crazy hot here for a couple days. Heat index in the 110 - 115 range. Us guys originally from Canada are just not built for this kind of heat.

jester
06-24-2009, 09:41 PM
In Oregon the authorities have shutdown the use of wake enhancing devices on a river. They are now trying to move a big wakeboarding and skiing section to a No Wake zone. You have to watch what is going on so you don’t get blindsided.

Sled491
06-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Very sneaky, very sneaky:(

mmandley
06-25-2009, 09:34 AM
In Oregon the authorities have shutdown the use of wake enhancing devices on a river. They are now trying to move a big wakeboarding and skiing section to a No Wake zone. You have to watch what is going on so you don’t get blindsided.

Yea ive been watching this on PDX Wake and its a BS deal. Not much you can do when you get the opposition out there with 5K people and only 50 boaters show up.

it sucks.

dtlaine
06-25-2009, 01:02 PM
You might think it's a good problem, but remember last year we were shut down for over a month. In case you forgot I live in WI, we don't have the longest summers to begin with:( And if things stay true to course, I'll be crying about low water at my lift again by the end of July.

My parent's lake near Plymouth, WI has had the red flags up for over a month now. Their lake starts the Milwaukee River, so you'd think it would drain down relatively quickly.

Sled491
06-25-2009, 09:08 PM
My parent's lake near Plymouth, WI has had the red flags up for over a month now. Their lake starts the Milwaukee River, so you'd think it would drain down relatively quickly.

Maybe, but Plymouth is very close to lake Michigan and a couple of other big WI lakes, plus the WI river is dammed in so many places to make other lakes it doesn't surprise me they are still high