PDA

View Full Version : finally grew a set

tprkolbas
06-23-2009, 10:01 AM
we had the perfect morning on monday - butter all across the lake, long straight lines and hardly anyone out there. i loaded the boat up with all my ballast (2400 lbs) plus 3 guys. rode at 65 ft & 24 mph, wake plate 3/4 way up. i was way up there & out in the flats. i finally grew my set back and landed my first tantrum this year (after blowing out my knee last year on one.)

i also rode at 25 mph at 75 ft of rope - also huge air.

i'm attaching a few pics - check out the size of my wake.....

mmandley
06-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Thats tight man and thats a phat looking wake. Nice man nice.

Sharpie647
06-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Wake looks real good. Cant wait for the weekend to try out my new ballast.

tprkolbas
06-24-2009, 10:26 AM
thanks fellas. that wake is definitely not for the squeamish - it is like hitting a wall. beginners.....don't try this at home.

Chefwong
06-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Your riding looks pretty solid, It took me a little bit to fully get the trantrum back up to par after taking a knee to the face and blowing out my sinus and killing the nerves to a tooth in 2006.

What are you going to be working on landing this year??

tprkolbas
06-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Your riding looks pretty solid, It took me a little bit to fully get the trantrum back up to par after taking a knee to the face and blowing out my sinus and killing the nerves to a tooth in 2006.

What are you going to be working on landing this year??

thanks for the compliment, but don't let the pics fool you - i'm still trying to graduate to the intermediate level. i only land about 1/3 to 1/2 of my tantrums. i used to have a heelside backroll but haven't landed one since 2007 - concussion scared me away from them. i've been working on my 360, but i'm having difficulty with the handle pass. i've worked on the tramp and with the jug & handle drill, but can't quite seem to nail it on the water.

what about you?

kaneboats
06-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Just wake to wake and some grabs for me. But I'm getting OLD.

Chefwong
06-30-2009, 01:40 PM
My wishlist for this summer is my backroll to blind/KGB, TS FS 7, Batwing, SW HS 5, skeezer, and many many more haha.

I'm teaching lessons over here in South-west Michigan, in Colon. I'm sure I could get your back roll and 360 up to par!

If you were interested I could send you an E-mail with some of my info (Teaching Resume basically)

brenpire
07-01-2009, 10:16 AM
What's the fuel consumption like with 2400lbs?

tprkolbas
07-01-2009, 05:21 PM
the fuel goes fast - if 4 guys go for 1 set each, a couple times around the lake each - it burns about a 1/3 of a tank. maybe 3 1/2 to 4 engine hours of pulling? wakesurfing seems to burn more gas tho.

MAPWPD
07-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Dude very depressed for me and happy for you, we share the same line of work and at the moment I'm out of work due to a simple wake to wake that dislocated my knee and my dreams of a tantrum or back roll are going down like a blaze of glory.:cry:

I truly despise getting old and wish I had a boat and a wakeboard sooner in life...........

tprkolbas
07-08-2009, 09:08 AM
sorry to hear about the knee - it is a miserable pain. my advice - push yourself in rehab & get that thing healed up. my insurance paid for a good donjoy brace, and i'm religious about wearing it on the water. look into that if you can.