PDA

View Full Version : Swim Deck

aintskeered
06-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey all there was some talk this winter about glassing in the lip on the back of the swim platforms. Thinking was less drag/ ect. I finally got this mod done, and a few trips to the lake with it. As far as I can tell no change in the way the boat preforms ect. I added a little foam when I glassed it it and also put in 10 led's( 5 spot 5 flood) I am pretty impressed with the led's at night though. I would not recomend this mod just to clean up the lip but if you are thinking about adding led's to the boat this worked well.

mmandley
06-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Hey all there was some talk this winter about glassing in the lip on the back of the swim platforms. Thinking was less drag/ ect. I finally got this mod done, and a few trips to the lake with it. As far as I can tell no change in the way the boat preforms ect. I added a little foam when I glassed it it and also put in 10 led's( 5 spot 5 flood) I am pretty impressed with the led's at night though. I would not recomend this mod just to clean up the lip but if you are thinking about adding led's to the boat this worked well.

Can you get some pics out of the water and possibly in the water. Sounds like a sweet upgrade for the lights deal.

ian ashton
06-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Very cool upgrade for the lights, it kinda gives me an idea that I'd like to play with...

aintskeered
07-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Geeeze I aint getting my notifications from here no more...

(Sorry for the long delay)

I took pic's all through the process but never got any finished ones.... I will try and snap some soon! The pics at night in the water do not look like it dose in real life.... I am trying to figure out how to make this happen But I will do my best and poast what I get. I put 10 total and glassed them in. 5 spot 5 180