PDA

View Full Version : New use for my Outback.

Sled491
06-23-2009, 12:03 AM
So today I had to take a conference call with some lawyers and CEO's for a project I was on last year. I was being consulted on how to proceed on an issue. For 2 hrs I floated around in my new mobile office, my Outback in beautiful sunny 86 degree weather. I have to admit I kind of like it:)

yearround
06-23-2009, 12:40 AM
that is a great use, maybe you can write off some of the cost for the new office?

i have a meeting wednesday morning on my "office" we are planning to do a bit more than float for the meeting.

Waynes345
06-23-2009, 11:12 AM
So today I had to take a conference call with some lawyers and CEO's for a project I was on last year. I was being consulted on how to proceed on an issue. For 2 hrs I floated around in my new mobile office, my Outback in beautiful sunny 86 degree weather. I have to admit I kind of like it:)

I've done exactly the same thing several times. That's when the blue-tooth earpieces and air-cards for the laptops really come in handy. It's a drag having to work at times like that, but way better doing it in your shorts and bare feet. Vacations invariable involve a couple con calls from the floating office. Sometimes with a beer in hand.

jester
06-23-2009, 12:21 PM
I love using my Outback as an office. All you need is a laptop with an air card, cell phone with a bluetooth headset and a few beers. For some reason working on the water is much nicer then working in an office.

ian ashton
06-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Pretty much all of the loans I originate June through August are in some way worked on from my Outback; life is good on the water :)

sandm
06-23-2009, 02:12 PM
man, am I glad we don't get cell service on our lake. 15 minutes from the center of town and no service on any carrier. last thing I want to do when on the lake is work..

ian ashton
06-23-2009, 04:48 PM
last thing I want to do when on the lake is work..

Same here, but some days (OK, every day) I want to go on the boat rather than sit in my office. If I didn't have my phone I'd be stuck the entire next day returning calls!

04OUTBACK
06-23-2009, 04:51 PM
I could definitely see doing that... Cold Beer, BlueTooth headset, cool breeze.. it would make the conf. call go some much better...

sandm
06-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Same here, but some days (OK, every day) I want to go on the boat rather than sit in my office. If I didn't have my phone I'd be stuck the entire next day returning calls!

yea, if I had the choice, 2hrs on the phone to be on the lake all day, I'd take it. my only prob. would be keeping the other peeps entertained while on the phone. good thing surfing is a slow-speed sport so not much wind noise in the headset;)

jester
06-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Just tell the person that you are driving right now so there might be some noise. Also having another driver so you can just flag is a good way to keep focus on the call.

Sled491
06-23-2009, 11:48 PM
How do you not feel bad for the other guys when your floating there (maybe maybe not) drinking a beverage of choice just enjoying the day:)