PDA

View Full Version : Vacation!!

gcnettl
06-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Getting up with all the friends from back home in the dirty dirty. The wonderful Mississippi! Going to Tennessee for the upcoming week, then to Mississippi. Hopefully will get to the Mississippi River and do some catfishing. Might even make it back the local mudhole, the big ol Lake Lincoln. Going to miss these South and North Carolina lakes, it is nice to be on a lake that you can't throw a rock across. I imagine the jet skiers will be sad, one less boat in the water here to play chicken with.

Being on my vacation, I wish everyone luck with their boats and happy tours on the big blue wattery road.

See ya'll in a few weeks!

04OUTBACK
06-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Where in Mississippi? I am in Jackson area.. ride in Jackson and Vicksburg at Eagle Lake...

kaneboats
06-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Have a safe and happy one!

gcnettl
07-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Caseyville, MS to be exact. It is 15 miles west of Brookhaven, MS. Lake Lincoln is the closest mud hole, if you can even call it that. You can see clear across it, and with moderate effort, throw a rock and hit someone on the other side. It is always packed with boats. I have heard a lot about Eagle Lake, never actually been though. The Pearl River is pretty nice above the reservoir. Reservoir is too much open water and thus, always choppy, as I am sure that you know.

Spent some time over at the Mississippi River doing a little catfishing with all my friends from there. Had a nice time.

I had a good time but I am back in South Carolina now. Been hitting up Lake Wylie, mostly in the weekday afternoons and right before dark on the weekends is the best time to go.

Got a new board today, it was my first "new one", as previously I have just purchased used. I got it down at Carolina Watersports, they have a good selection and are the same price as buywake. I got the Ronix Viva board, with Ronix open toe bindings for sizes 10 1/2 thru 14. This board is super light, as well as the bindings. I love it so say the least, over my old CWB Marius, aka "the tank" to me now. My new board is harder to "set" an edge but it holds one well, seems to be a 3 stage/continuous hybrid, and slides like butter. The reduced weight is highly noticeable, and the bindings go on easily. I am sharing it with my brother right now, as I crammed my #12 into his large bindings, and large just wasnt enough, and the Boa system failed.

So now that I am back I hope that everyone has been having a good season. I'm just ready to get back on my Ronix.