PDA

View Full Version : Completely dead- no electric at all

kaneboats
06-20-2009, 07:31 PM
We had ridden for hours today and shut down to fill the surf bags. The pumps ran for about 3-4 min and then cut out all of a sudden. I had no electric at all. I couldn't get bilge pump or running lights or accessories or anything and certainly couldn't get ignition or crank.

This is the 2000 Outback carbed 310 HP Indmar. There is no master fuse near the battery. The battery was up and fine. I had to get a tow and then wire directly to the battery to pump out the ballast on the way.

There had to be some kind of master circuit breaker or something but I can't find anything for the life of me. Any ideas? (Thanks for the input, all!)

Razzman
06-20-2009, 08:38 PM
kane, while i haven't looked on my Moomba there is always a master breaker on a boat and everyone i've ever seen is on the engine, a big red button usually.

kaneboats
06-20-2009, 08:45 PM
I just found it. It's all the way back behind the block. Can't miss it unless you're color blind. Turned all the electric back on but still can't make the boat crank. I think I might have a wire wrong now or something from jacking with it. Can anybody with a 1999-2001 or so take a quick picture of the backside of the dash at the ignition end so I can check my wires? I'm sure I just unplugged something and put it back on the wrong terminal. Thanks for help!

Pat

I'll post my pic in a little while in case anybody just wants to look and tell me what an idiot I am.

gcnettl
06-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Are things like perfect pass and your gauges working with your ignition now?

zegm
06-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Pat,

Make sure you fix this before our jamboree!!!

kaneboats
06-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Are things like perfect pass and your gauges working with your ignition now?

Everything has power like bilge pump lights, stereo, etc. But, I swear that the gauges are coming on as though the key is on even when the key is off. If you turn the key on nothing happens and there's no start circuit when you turn the key either. I thought I put everything back where I had it but it sure doesn't seem like it. I'll try to trace it out later when I get back.

zegm
06-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Now would be a good time to purchase one of the those little multi-testers for about 15 dollars! Even a 12 VDC test light would be helpful!

kaneboats
06-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I have a tester. It's just 102 out there right now so I'm not willing.

zegm
06-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Pat! Don't say that out loud! The northerners that we rant on all winter long will hear you and think we are wimps!!!!

PS I skied today! :)))

zegm
06-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Ed,

We know that you do live further south than us, but us true southerners, we also know that you live really close to what we call Yankee Florida!
Now Pat and I live in what is also known as Southern Alabama, the Pan Handle, and some other names I can't say on this board. But you guys, well trying to be nice here, you just wouldn't survive here. I mean we JUST got our First Diary Queen! And we still don't have a Krystals or a Cracker Barrel!
I mean we still have "real" Indians living around here!!!!

kaneboats
06-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Extremely mad and bodacious props to jjerrod my newest Moomba bud. He heard me sound the alarm and immediately sent me pics of the wiring on the back side of the dash. I, like a damfool, had plugged something back on the wrong terminal. Although his dash is slightly different from mine, in studying his photo I could see that there was something amiss. I switched it around using my best guess based on boats only a year apart and whammo! Everything works the way it's supposed to and she fired up and all's good. So I can get on a plane for Providence on Tues. am and not worry if the plane goes down. I left a fixed, working, running boat in the garage. So the folks at the funeral will be able to board and surf and ski if it comes to that. Thanks, jjerrod, you are THE MAN!

maxpower220
06-21-2009, 10:27 PM
So I can get on a plane for Providence on Tues. am and not worry if the plane goes down. I left a fixed, working, running boat in the garage. So the folks at the funeral will be able to board and surf and ski if it comes to that. Thanks, jjerrod, you are THE MAN!

I wouldn't fly Air France.

Too soon????

wolfeman131
06-21-2009, 10:28 PM
good news!