PDA

View Full Version : Natalie

RickT
06-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Just a quick heads up. Let the hate mail fly. Natalie has unfortunately become a victim of our own restructuring here at Skier's Choice. Matt Brown, our product manager has assumed the responsibilities of marketing to go with his current role. We love Natalie and will miss her. We hope it will be short term in nature and in the meantime she will be doing some project work for us on the side. I know she will visit this site often, so it won't be hard to stay in touch. Didn't want you guys to hear this through the rumor mill, family deserves better.

Sorry,

Rick

ian ashton
06-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry to hear that as well! Hopefully times will pick up. Problem is, we love our boat so much there is no reason to buy a new one!

Definately pure class letting us know direct :)

kaneboats
06-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Natalie, so sorry to see you go. I'm sure you will land on your feet. Very classy of Rick T to inform us. She will be missed, remembered and honored.

tg0824SSVGG
06-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Bummer - Natalie told me about this a few weeks ago - but we were
all hoping it wouldn't happen.

Thanks for everything Natalie!! We will miss you much (I am a Supra owner, but
heck - this is FAMILY!)

I hope this is temporary, as I know you do.

Todd

WadsworthSunsport22V
06-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Thats disappointing to hear. But everyone industry it being hit by this turn down in our economy, hopefully it will turn and she will be back!

zegm
06-20-2009, 09:59 PM
I appreciate Rick informing everyone of the fact. And I hate to see anyone lose their job in these hard times. I hope we are at the bottom of this slump and are now climbing up and out of it.
I have never met you Natalie but I wish you the best. I have only heard great things about you.
As a matter of fact your spirit lives on with us. Come to the Milledgeville Georgia Moomba Jamboree on Lake Sinclair (MGMJLS)! It is going to be on Lake Sinclair but you will find directions and lodging if you look for Milledgeville GA.
Only this time you won't have to do anything but have fun! Wolfeman has stepped up and done a great job in leading this wild pack of Moomba owners in getting together! So thanks to you Natalie and thanks to Wolfeman for carrying the Moomba Jamboree spirit forward!!!

Sled,
You cancel those tickets yet?????????

Atlanta Marine (Lisa, Heidi, Kurt, Mike, guys in the back) you guys are invited to join us too!!!

Skiers Choice (Rick, Matt, ALL Factory Team Members) come on down and have a blast too!!! All we need to make this happen is our spirit and the love of our boats!

wolfeman131
06-20-2009, 10:49 PM
My offer to grill up steaks for Rick & Natalie still stands!

Natalie, same as zegm for me - haven't met you yet, but have heard great things and all the best with your next chapter. :)

deerfield
06-20-2009, 11:31 PM
Natalie - If you are in the Chicago area, let me know. You are welcome to hang out at the lake with us. We have a great boat. But...you already know that. Cause it's A MOOMBA! I wish you the very best as your personal adventure moves ahead. I appreciate everything you have done, some of which I may not even be aware. Thank you! - Stuart

lancesaville
06-21-2009, 02:14 AM
That's a real shame. This is one bad recession guys. I'm currently unemployed myself after being layed off, so I can relate (always fun RIGHT after buying a ski boat, geez) Hope to see Natalie back at Skier's Choice one day. Best marketing results you can get is from direct communication with the owners, and from what I can tell, even as a newer owner -Natalie was definitely in touch with, and has done a lot for tons of skier's choice boat owners. Good luck Natalie, sorry to see you go.

04OUTBACK
06-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Natalie, Best of Luck.. Your work on the side for Moomba indicates a great relationship. May you be successful in whatever you do and hopefully return to us!
I say you just start your own travel tour to Moomba Dealers, Grill Burgers and Have Demo Days.. Sales will definitely improve...

Or, start on a mission to improve Financing options and that will help!!

Good luck and stick around
BW

brownski
06-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Like many of the other owners, I have never met Natalie and hate to see anyone else effected by the economy. It is obvious she has made a positive impression on owners. I wish I could say I have done more to support SC since buying my Moomba new in '99. They were extrememly supportive when I had gelcoat problems and a less than supportive dealer. SC stepped up and had my back. Problem is I have had my Outback LS for 10 years and she has been nothing but reliable, great driving and awsome to ski and wake behind. Look forward to another 10 years and I talk up the brand and the builder every chance I get. Good Luck Natalie.

ncarrera
06-21-2009, 02:47 PM
I have to thank Rick for posting this for me...I didn't have the words to explain. I have more than enjoyed my tenure at Skiers Choice and appreciated having the opportunity to work with each of you. I will miss my colleagues and projects at Skiers Choice greatly; however, hope to continue a few projects on a contract basis.

More than anything I have enjoyed being a part of the Skiers Choice family; however, it was you the owners that made my job so rewarding. Thank you for challenging me, many laughs and memories will be carried with me.

And I will never forget that photo of Ed in those shorts! Lord help me. A friend googled my name to try and find me and once they did, they laughed about the fake press release they found on this board that read "It was announced today that Natalie Carrera of Skiers Choice was released from therapy due to an overwhelming phobia from Ed Geary's shorts…”

Ha...Good Times! I am going to miss you guys. Hope to be back at it soon and if I am in the area of upcoming owners reunions I am there.

Moomba & Supra Owners ROCK!

moombadaze
06-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Natalie, very sorry for this turn of events, it just sucks!
It was a pleasure to meet you, and come get that steak at Wolfeman's.

What a bummer to return home from 6 days away and read this

Kidder
06-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Good luck, Natalie! We hope you're back with SC soon!

sandm
06-23-2009, 09:17 PM
just saw this, and I hate to see anyone losing jobs in this time, as there is not much out there, but I am sure it's for a bigger reason than we all know right now.
didn't know you, but good luck in your endeavors, and as stated, hopefully this is short term.

I am sure it was a difficult decision for rick, but glad he is making decisions that will keep skiers choice around for a long time.

Suprahunter
06-25-2009, 09:09 AM
I met Natalie at the first Supra/Moomba reunion in Fox Lake IL in 2007.
She immediately stood out with her Cheerful personalty and attention to every
person like a family member. She made us feel welcome and took a real interest in us. Alt how she wasn't at the 2008 reunion We never forgot her.
She was the perfect person for the job. I hope SC gets her back before another brand snaps her up.
Good Luck Natalie and Thank You.
Michael Hunter [Suprahunter]

Sled491
06-25-2009, 10:01 PM
I just found this myself. I like Hunter met Natalie at the Chicago jamboree in 07. She was a lot of fun. The importance of marketing and mixing with us little people can never be overstated. Look how upset we all were when she couldn't make it last year for the Jamboree:( SC tried to pawn some regional sales guy off on us like he was somehow capable of filling Natalies shoes.

Times are tough all over, talk to other business owners on this board like Tazz and myself and of course Rick T. I've had to lay guys off and get calls daily asking when our next project is going to start, and how hard have I been looking for more work so they can get back to work. It's kind of funny, and very frusturating at the same time.

Natalie I wish you the best. Please stay close, as we would enjoy your company even if you aren't being paid to be nice to us:)

For the rest of us including SC, lets hope this is the bottom, that the new government doesn't get too crazy with the free stuff that none of us can afford and the banks and finance companies let there undies get unclinched soon.

ncarrera
06-28-2009, 12:09 PM
I just wanted to thank each of you for your kind words and stories shared. I had "you all” on my mind this morning and had to check in. Glad I did.

Stopped by Pro Tour stop in Knoxville yesterday and had the opportunity to see a few of you there...made my day. There were also a few Supra and Moomba boats floating behind the fun box with the best seats in the house.

Take care...Hope to see you around.

mmandley
06-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Nat i didnt get the chance to meet you, or really ever talk to you, except when you hooked me up with the electronic newsletter. I never like to hear people, good people who love there jobs loss them. I hope it all works out and you can get something you love to do again. To me thats what a job is, not just what you do, but something you love doing.

eseebeck
07-16-2009, 08:11 AM
As everyone has said, this is bad news. Natalie will definitely be missed. Although I've never met Natalie, she has answered a lot of questions for me and has always been a wealth of information.

Of course Skiers Choice will miss her and hopefully get her back as soon as possible.

Skiers Choice is a class act by informing us rather than letting everyone find out on their own. Rick stepped up and put it out there and was willing to take the heat and that says a lot about him and the company.

MOOMBA ROCKS

Sled491
07-18-2009, 02:59 PM
You know that's why they say "somtimes goodbye is a second chance" :)

moombadaze
07-19-2009, 09:25 AM
[quote=Ed G;70443](and I paraphrase):

"Don't be surprised if she's back at SC by the end of the summer".

quote]

hot digity

kaneboats
07-20-2009, 10:25 AM
That would be very cool.