PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Connections

crainone
06-18-2009, 07:19 PM
can anyone help... have a '99 outback.. has been great. This year had to replace starter, water pump, bilge pump, battery and had the alternator rebuilt.... I took a poor quality picture of the alternator wiring when i took the alternator out and think I got it wired back in properly, but the volt meter is not coming up the way I had hoped. I am afraid I might not have connected the wires back up exactly right to my alternator. Can anyone verify the color of wires that go to the AC, B-, B+ and D+ connectors? A picture would be superb...
Thanks,
Chris

Waynes345
06-18-2009, 08:43 PM
can anyone help... have a '99 outback.. has been great. This year had to replace starter, water pump, bilge pump, battery and had the alternator rebuilt.... I took a poor quality picture of the alternator wiring when i took the alternator out and think I got it wired back in properly, but the volt meter is not coming up the way I had hoped. I am afraid I might not have connected the wires back up exactly right to my alternator. Can anyone verify the color of wires that go to the AC, B-, B+ and D+ connectors? A picture would be superb...
Thanks,
Chris

Chris - I have a '99 Outback as well. Mine has a PCM powerplant, but I can certainly take some pics and send to you this weekend if it would help.

Wayne

crainone
06-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I have looked at the PCM engine and it is not the same wiring (I don't think... could be wrong). You're alternator is on the driver side up top and if I remember correctly the alternator only has three wires whereas mine has 4.... Really appreciate it, but I need someone with the Indmar Engine.

Thanks,
Chris