PDA

View Full Version : tarps

canadaair
06-18-2009, 03:47 PM
i have 07 lsv

i noticed this has been discussed but thought i would ask for more input. i will be keeping my boat in marina all summer and presently have the travel tarp. was thinking about going to snap on bow and cockpit cover but i know from past experience the do not keep all moisture out. without being able to mount straps on anything was wondering how well travel tarp stays on boat and wondering how well it keeps out moisture. the snap on tarp can get a bit tiresome snapping and unsnapping. how much of a pain is the travel tarp to put on water by oneself.

swmichiganmoomba
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I too have a full mooring cover and find it to be a pain in the neck. The straps, poles and cinching cord have to be adjusted just right in order to keep water from pooling in the back on top of the cover. Mine is a 2008 LS. Luckily mine is parked on a lift that I can walk around fairly easily to secure everything. Otherwise the cover is water tight and nothing gets past it. I just wish it was easier to secure and water didn't pool in the back. Once in a great while I get it just right and I dont find a water puddle on it. I guess its still worth the frustration to not have snaps.

insanepolack
06-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I gotta 04 outback. To stop my pooling I put the spotters seat on top of the doghouse and pull the cover down over the eyelettes on the back of the transom... That works for me I don't know about the LS.

But when water does pool the cover does not drip a drop/drop a drip.

I moore my boat out in the water. The draw string is plenty for me because the cover goes below the rub rail, so it's got a little lip and does not slide up. I don't mind putting it on at all, it's quite easy to do, just lay the cover on and tighten the draw string.