PDA

View Full Version : vibrations 2008 mobius

brook2008lsv
06-17-2009, 12:09 PM
since new i have had a very noticable vibration at about 2500 rpms after that it isnt as noticable feels like it is in the drive line is this normal or should i take it in to the dealer i purchsed it from new its is still under warrenty

qb12
06-17-2009, 12:21 PM
since new i have had a very noticable vibration at about 2500 rpms after that it isnt as noticable feels like it is in the drive line is this normal or should i take it in to the dealer i purchsed it from new its is still under warrenty

is the prop dinged or bent. also has the shaft been aligned? those can cause a vibration.

gcnettl
06-17-2009, 12:28 PM
For ease of mind I would ensure drive shaft is in alignment, your dealer should to this.

Past that, most props do give a vibration at different speeds, rpm, and many other factors.

As long as your shaft packing is dripping water (every 30 to 40 sec), your shaft alignment is good, and you keep your trans fluid and v drive fluid checked (if you have a v drive), then you are good to go.

Razzman
06-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Not knowing all the facts it's had to diagnose. You say it's a '08 Mobius, would that be an LSV or an LS? Which prop do you have? Look on the prop casting and it'll tell you. It is normal for a bit of vibration type sound, my '07 LSV with the 4-blade 14x14.25 wakeboard prop does it at take off for a second or two. It's normal for this prop to do that, it's not actually vibrating buit it sounds like it is.

On the LSV it's impossible to check the gland unless you pull the flooring, beyond it won't do any good anyway as from '07 up they have dripless glands anyway and water will not be present. I seriously doubt you have an issue, it's probably just the normal noise.

brook2008lsv
06-17-2009, 02:14 PM
thank you all it is a lsv and the prop is 4 bladed i dontknow the diameter