PDA

View Full Version : Seadek Pad Installed

wolfeman131
06-16-2009, 12:15 PM
for those that just got one from mmandley's group buy, you're gonna love the new pad! very easy job, just follow suggestions of others such as let it sit in the sun to loosen up the old glue, wear some gloves when peeling off the old pad and have a helper when putting on the new pad.

Momma, kiddos and I are all extremely happy with this mod.

my goof off(s)!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Moomba/IMG00115-20090612-1339.jpg

installed

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Moomba/IMG00116-20090612-1732.jpg

moombadaze
06-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Drew--looks great---you will really like it when climbing back onboard (so easy on the knees) and no more black marks.

deerfield
06-16-2009, 11:13 PM
wolfeman - That is VERY nice. - Deerfield

kaneboats
06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Outstanding. We can't wait to meet the little goof offs!

brain_rinse
06-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow, that really looks nice!

jjolson
06-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Nice job looks great.

mmandley
06-18-2009, 05:16 AM
Looks awesome man. I got mine ordered. Waiting on a few of the others to pay there tabs so Chuck can finalize the order. If anyone is still interested PM me with your name, ill forward it to Chuck and you can still get one for 20% off.

kaneboats
06-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey Drew, did you throw a scaffold plank across between the docks so you could work on it on the lift?

wolfeman131
06-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey Drew, did you throw a scaffold plank across between the docks so you could work on it on the lift?

that's exactly what I did! neighbors here all share tools and we got this when the guy next door put on a sunroom. works great for when you have to work on the boat lifts, etc.

wolfeman131
06-18-2009, 02:25 PM
thanks for all the props! we love the way it looks.

gotta also tell you all that have one on order that it performs better than it looks! the girls love to go for a cruise then hop in for a swim and then lay out on this pad vs the sundeck pads. keeps the lockers much dryer.

spyder
06-19-2009, 12:27 PM
can you get a 3 colour "Moomba" pad?

spyder
06-19-2009, 01:11 PM
those colours with the Moomba writing would be sweet too

mmandley
06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
you can get a tri-colour if your willing to wait till the end of the summer.

One of these days I'll install mine and post photos of it.

If anyone wants to volunteer to install it for me, I'll accept the help and take you surfing!

My shoulder's still pretty sore from surgery, otherwise my pad would have been on weeks ago.

Here's the colors Chuck recommended for me:

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=1330

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=1329

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=1328

I asked Chuck about this pad last week when i made my order. He is still expecting ti to be ready end of summer but he said the Tri color is being very difficult to get it manufactured correctly or something. He basically game me the impression this is not a slam dunk deal for full production yet. They are having some quality control problems or something. I really would like one of these but i hate to wait all summer then it not happen still. Id rather wait a year or two and upgrade to it. Maybe by then more tri colors will be available too.

LSV_Flying
06-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I have not been in these forums for awhile. Where are you guys getting these from? This is a needed upgrade to the moomba line -- no matter what you put on the swim platform, and how much scrubbing you do, the black always finds its way back.

mmandley
06-23-2009, 04:46 AM
I have not been in these forums for awhile. Where are you guys getting these from? This is a needed upgrade to the moomba line -- no matter what you put on the swim platform, and how much scrubbing you do, the black always finds its way back.

http://www.seadek.com/

If you call ASAP and want one Chuck might still get you in the Moomba group buy from my thread.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=7887

eseebeck
06-26-2009, 10:12 AM
how much is a new deck pad

wolfeman131
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
how much is a new deck pad

You just missed a "group buy" but I think there is plenty of interest so you should get another put together!

If I remember correctly, the regular price is like $220 and if you get at least 8 people in on a single buy, Chuck at Seadek has been giving a 20% discount so you can have one for only about $176.

This is a great upgrade to the boat. I don't know that I've heard of anyone who has installed one have a single complaint other than a bit of trimming that was required for an older model/smaller swim deck.

volfo
06-26-2009, 11:28 AM
and Seadek is working with me right now to get one that fits properly for an 01 LS swim deck that has a smaller platform. In a week or so anyone that has that boat should be able to order it and it fit perfectly, based on the specs from mine. They have been very good to deal with and deserve all the good publicity they get on this board. I wonder how many orders they've gotten for Moomba pads as result of this board?

I have to admit, I never would have thought of it, but my pad did need replacing soon and I can't wait to get it replaced.

eseebeck
06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
does the new pad come with glue how clean do you have to get the fiberglass. can you go over the old glue or is that what the putty knife is for in the pic

KurtL
06-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Wolfeman,

Looks great. Just ordered what I believe to be the same color combo/patten last week. Is that the cool gray color?

Lawrenceville eh? I went to Central Gwinnett for a few months back in 86'.

Kurt

mmandley
06-26-2009, 04:34 PM
does the new pad come with glue how clean do you have to get the fiberglass. can you go over the old glue or is that what the putty knife is for in the pic

I want to say Ed G or Moombadaze did a thread on the installation of this. Basically what ive gathered as i haven't done mine yet and when i get it i will get some pics of the process.

Heat the old pad to remove it, sunlight, hair dryer. Then use a plastic puddy knife to remove the old glue. Several different products to remove adhesive you can use also.

Lightly scuff up the deck for the new pad.

New pad is a 3m product with self adhesive backing and goes on like a big sticker. Just get it centered, peel and stick to swim deck.

wolfeman131
06-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Wolfeman,

Looks great. Just ordered what I believe to be the same color combo/patten last week. Is that the cool gray color?

Lawrenceville eh? I went to Central Gwinnett for a few months back in 86'.

Kurt

Thanks! Everyone loves it. It is the cool gray. Looks like you're a long way from the 'ville now!

Install was easy - took the platform off and set it in the sun for an hour or so. Stuck the putty knife under a corner and pulled. Would suggest gloves as the old, black pad was hot and burned my fingers. My girls thought it was fun peeling off the old glue & some Goof Off! took off what they didn't get.

I positioned the pad as I wanted it then taped one side down and flipped the other side on top of the side taped down. I cut the backing, peeled it off and laid the pad down, working it slowly from the middle to the end of the platform. I pulled the tape off and repeated the process for the other side.

Jeff W
06-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Just got in on the bulk buy through Chuck last minute here..

Thanks to Chuck @ SeaDek for letting us "Stragglers" in on the group buy..

Thanks for the e mail too Mike! Looks great - can't wait to get ours.

mmandley
06-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Just got in on the bulk buy through Chuck last minute here..

Thanks to Chuck @ SeaDek for letting us "Stragglers" in on the group buy..

Thanks for the e mail too Mike! Looks great - can't wait to get ours.

Awesome man glad Chuck hooked you up.

spyder
08-19-2009, 11:43 PM
for those that just got one from mmandley's group buy, you're gonna love the new pad! very easy job, just follow suggestions of others such as let it sit in the sun to loosen up the old glue, wear some gloves when peeling off the old pad and have a helper when putting on the new pad.

Wolfe, what colour options did you pick.. what are the names of the colours..

wolfeman131
08-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Wolfe, what colour options did you pick.. what are the names of the colours..

cool grey over black