PDA

View Full Version : MOVING! To Rochester, NY area!

04OUTBACK
06-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Well,
I am gonna be leaving the warm, sunny, muggy Mississippi for Rochester, NY soon
I'll start work up there in a month, but will not move until I can sell the house.
Kinda excited.
I know JMVOTTO is up there. Anyone else ride on the Finger Lakes?

wolfeman131
06-16-2009, 08:42 AM
You're gonna need some new stuff! First on your list should be a snow blower!

We have a rep that lives up there and he and I talk about the lakes he boats on and they sound really nice! Colder than in MS, but as I have traveled through the area and taken a peek, they look beautiful. If you need me to take care of your LSV over the winters, just let me know! :)

CONGRATS B Webb! BTW - with same employer or new?

jmvotto
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome to upstate!!. Yep snow blower and snow skiis are required. If you don't like the bills yet they will try and convert you, personally I am a browns fan;)

[http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=penn+yan+ny&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.844639,78.75&ie=UTF8&ll=42.764154,-76.961975&spn=0.727926,1.752319&t=h&z=10]

Got to love the natural glacier created lakes in new york, we have plenty of them in the fingers lakes as well as the great lakes with they isolated bays.

kaneboats
06-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Best of luck to you guys, Brad. The south will miss you.

04OUTBACK
06-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks guys. Joe.. looking forward to meeting up with ya soon.
I will be in the market for a snow blower and ski's... happier about the skis than the blower! I have never owned a snow shovel or blower... but, I did see lot's of boats out on Canadaigua.. Neoprene will be used more than now.. and the dry suit for sure..

I'll miss April May Sept and Oct in Mississippi for sure..

SEARK
06-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Hate to hear your leaving the south. I hope we can meet up on Eagle Lake once before you leave God's Country for that yankee land. :D Best of luck to you up there, I know it will not be the same.

spyder
06-16-2009, 05:49 PM
your about 3 hours away from myself and smrtz !

come say hi sometime brad!

deerfield
06-16-2009, 06:03 PM
I'll start work up there in a month, but will not move until I can sell the house. Kinda excited.

04Outback - I trust this is a good thing for you and wish you the best with the new job and move. - Deerfield

04OUTBACK
06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
Spyder.. will do!
Deerfield, yes it is a good thing..

Kinda looking forward to some snow sports too! Will need some help learning the SnowBoard

yearround
06-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Kinda looking forward to some snow sports too! Will need some help learning the SnowBoard

stay away from the snowboard. i did that last winter (got video to prove it) rode as well as most, but don't ever need to do that again. my tailbone hurt for 4 months!

good luck on the northern life.

jimmobius
06-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Good luck with your new adventure in life. I am headed to NW Montana this August , we usually go up every other year to see family and friends. Several trips ago we left there in August and had frost on the nose of the boat! You just never know what mother nature will dish out. We both grew up there and it is wonderful in the middle of summer and look forward to it every time. The season is short but the days are long. We waited one year to watch fireworks and it was 11pm before it was dark!! I forget how long the days are every time we go. Good Luck . Jim.