PDA

View Full Version : another pwc death

sandm
06-15-2009, 08:50 AM
happened over the weekend up north.
maybe I just haven't paid any attention to these, but I wonder how many across the us will be needed to put some real safety laws in place?
I know that some boaters do some dumb things, but it just seems like the more I pay attention to pwc's, the more of an issue they seem to be...

COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (AP) - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department says a 14-year-old Coeur d'Alene girl involved in a watercraft accident on Lake Coeur d'Alene has died of her injuries.

The teen's name was not immediately released. The sheriff's department said she sustained head and internal injuries Friday afternoon when she was thrown from the personal watercraft she was operating and collided with another watercraft operated by a 15-year-old girl.

The accident is still under investigation

ian ashton
06-15-2009, 09:27 AM
We witnessed a super close almost collision this weekend with a PWC and a beautiful Malibu. The Malibu was going about 30mph entering straight into a bay, about 1,000 yards out from the 'No Wake' entrance. All of a sudden we see a PWC zipping across the entry to the bay (perpendicular to the flow of traffic) about 40 feet infront of the Malibu. Luckily the Malibu driver saw the jet ski and did a full lock turn to avoid hitting him, and luckily there was nobody near the Malibu to collide with.

The jet-skier just kept on going, oblivious, as usual.