PDA

View Full Version : Sony head unit and wired remote

anabolicone
06-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Did many searches but couldnt find the answer - so heres the question
Have a 2007 LSV - with a Kenwood stereo with factory wired remote - had problems with the unit right after purchase - Dealership replace head unit once and now this season its having problems again... SO I just want to replace the stereo..
I am looking at the Sony CDX-M50IP head unit and the RM-X55M controler - can get both for around $180 ( ebay)
Does anyone have either of these ? I know the wired remote for the sony will not fit in the factory remote position that I have now ( its the wired remote from the factory).

This is the one I am looking ot buy
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158RMX55M2/Sony-RMX55M-Q2.html?tp=13308

Just not sure where to mount -- anyone have this one or a suggestion on where to mount.
thanks,
Rob

anabolicone
06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
has no one seen this used in a boat - or has anyone used one of the two combos - Sony stereo or the sony commander unit ?

Razzman
06-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Use a Pioneer head unit and a CD-MR70 remote, they are full of features and they do fit in the factory spot.

tazz3069
06-18-2009, 07:39 PM
What do you mean, it is not working. What is it doing. Maybe a bad connection or a short somewhere. I have a stck head unit that I removed from my 07'LSV for sale if interested. Check my post in the classified section.
Tazz

yellowa4
06-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Rob

We just purchased the same setup as you are looking at. Our initial plan right now is to mount the head unit in the glove box and the remote at the rear of the boat, near the rear grab handle/rear seat. We do not have any stereo in it right now so we are starting a little different in that we are not looking to replace something existing. We felt for us this would be the best setup. Then again, we are looking to book it in for the install and will certainly entertain other ideas by the installer if presented.

Boat is a 2001 Moomba Mobius.

08LSV
07-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Did many searches but couldnt find the answer - so heres the question
Have a 2007 LSV - with a Kenwood stereo with factory wired remote - had problems with the unit right after purchase - Dealership replace head unit once and now this season its having problems again... SO I just want to replace the stereo..
I am looking at the Sony CDX-M50IP head unit and the RM-X55M controler - can get both for around $180 ( ebay)
Does anyone have either of these ? I know the wired remote for the sony will not fit in the factory remote position that I have now ( its the wired remote from the factory).

This is the one I am looking ot buy
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158RMX55M2/Sony-RMX55M-Q2.html?tp=13308

Just not sure where to mount -- anyone have this one or a suggestion on where to mount.
thanks,
Rob

Hey I just purchased the same RM-X55 remote and a new sony head unit.... Of course I did not check the specs and figured out this weekend that it does not fit were the factory one was installed. Did you find a good place to install it? Do you have any pics? I do still need to control it from the drivers seat though. My peeps get a little carried away with the volume sometimes and I can't hear them when a rider goes down.. I hate to send it all back or try to sell it.