PDA

View Full Version : First Time Wakesurf

Mikey
06-13-2009, 09:13 PM
As a diehard ,i'll never go wakesurfer,waterskiier. Guess what happened?I went wakesurfin. Although we were running a little light for ballast as we imprivised with 3 very large Tupperware containers and 2 fat guys,we went wakesurfing just the same.My boat a Outback DD if set up better could be a ton of fun. I managed a few short bursts of slack,but had to stop after a while due to stained calf muscle from an earlier waterski spinout.
Just the same it was Fun and my wifes gonna kill me when i mention we NEED a surf board and some ballast etc,so we can do this again. Oh thats gonna go over well.LOL

moombadaze
06-14-2009, 09:49 AM
getting ballast is just the beginning :)

Here's my progression of things I "needed":

Cwb Ride

2 600 lb sacs, 1 pump

another pump

another 600lb sac (launch pad's don't like people walking on them)

1200 lb launch pad sofa

another pump

540 lb launch pad lounge chair

800 lb launch pad

New Outback V

2 750 lb fly-highs

wakesurf rack

Funny- I think mine was something like this

cwb ride
500lb launch pad
1 pump

500 launch pad
1 pump

800lb launch pad
2 pumps
so lets see, so far 3 ballast bags and 4 pumps

Boat upgrade to 2008 lsv

750lb flyhigh bag
1 tsunami pump

modify boat--remove cooler from under seat and install 400lb bag in place of cooler

2 hyperlight broadcast boards

redoing fill pump set up
redoing empty pump set up

still thinking about more improvements to fill system, I hate waiting

does the madness ever end?????

sandm
06-14-2009, 11:35 AM
well, not as long as others, but......

rode in cousins boat 2 years ago, first time on the water in 20 years. all we did was wakesurf.
deposit on '06 20ssv 2 weeks later.

broadcast and homemade rope
replace rear sac with 750
buy 1 launchpad 440 and pump

inland surfer pink 4skim
2pack of launchpad 440's

new rope as homemade rope wore out
new pump for faster launchpad times

waiting for my new drew daniello pro to show up :)
working on valves and pumps for faster fill times..

it never ends...

Mikey
06-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Yah thanks guys thats all i want to hear. Actually sounded like SPEND SPEND SPEND. Just the same it was fun.

kaneboats
06-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Nice think about the garbage cans is you can put a keg and ice in one of them. The ice will eventually melt, but it still works as ballast.

mmandley
06-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Nice think about the garbage cans is you can put a keg and ice in one of them. The ice will eventually melt, but it still works as ballast.

I love your thinking Kane.

My set up

Completely stock

1. 400 rear ballast on surf side.
2 400 in ski locker
3. All the extra gear on surf side
4 all the people on surf side
5 1 person in the bow
6 going 10

This is a couple pics of my wave right now.

Good learning wave, will start upgrades after we can free rope it.

We found out the surf rope was a little longer then needed and shortened it up some, hard to grab the rope due to it being so thin. First time on this new Liquid Force Venture 5.6 board

kaneboats
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Sure wish everybody would use a T handle.

mmandley
06-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Sure wish everybody would use a T handle.

Well i am borrowing that handle from a friend. AWS is running late on there shipment of new stuff. Hope they get it in this week as i want to by a new surf rope and handle.

Whats so great about a T handle versus a mini handle?

kaneboats
06-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Just way less likely to get caught on you or something else. The mini is better than the big one but the T is better. The knotted rope one might be even better than the T but harder to get up.

kaneboats
06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I've never tried it. It seems like my arms would be in an unnatural position when trying to get up. Palms facing each other is great for a golf swing but not a deep water start. I suppose like anything else you would learn to get used to it. On the flip side I've never heard of anyone getting hurt with a T rope and I made mine custom with old ropes and handles I had around the garage. It seemed like the green thing to do. Good thing my girls know how to braid.