PDA

View Full Version : Boat Lift for a 2009 LSV

lancesaville
06-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Do any of you guys use a boat lift? I'm thinking of getting one and don't really know of any good brands or models. The slip I use is 14x24 with about 5-6 feet of water under it. I'm wanting to stay under $5k for sure, and don't mind if it's manual, just something that won't rip off my tracking fins/prop/rudder and will keep the boat out of the water during the work week while summer is here. Inflatable docks would be cool too if anyone has had good experiences with em. Anyone have any good ideas or know of any good brands/models? Thanks in advance guys.

Reese350
06-13-2009, 06:10 PM
We have a 2006 LSV and we've used a 4000 lb Great Lakes Lift manual for the last couple years without any problems. This year, we upgraded to a 4000 lb hydraulic Shorestation with the key fob remotes. So far, it has been awesome. It is 2 years old and we have about $3,600 in it including the solar panel to keep the battery charged. Both lifts have had no issues with fins, etc. I suspect you can use just about any lift as long as it is 4000 lb + and you adjust the bunks correctly. Good luck!

jmvotto
06-13-2009, 07:02 PM
i second the great lakes, I have the 4000lb model with the electric motor and remote. works great. Lighter than the shorestation if your are physically putting it in. check out my pics in my photo album.

lancesaville
06-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Good info, think I'm going to get a manual one to save cash tho. And those came in under $5k ? Do I go straight through great lakes or do i request info/order from a retailer?

c.rix
06-13-2009, 11:57 PM
I got a shorestation 5000lb # from my buddy this year It is awesome Remote fob and solar charger also just like was stated above

I got mine for cheeeeep look around find a slightly used one and you will save hundrends

wolfeman131
06-14-2009, 01:08 PM
if you have fixed dock and structure overhead (ie boathouse or pilings) look at lunmar cradle lifts @ http://www.lunmarboatlifts.com/

I posted pics of my lift/boathouse in my profile.

dtlaine
06-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I have a Summit lift w/ a Commander electric motor. It works just fine for my 2007 OBV. It has quite a bit of ability to be adjusted.

Waynes345
06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Good info, think I'm going to get a manual one to save cash tho. And those came in under $5k ? Do I go straight through great lakes or do i request info/order from a retailer?

Lance - Look around for a used one if you are on a budget. They last pretty much forever and you can save some cash right out of the box. You can then plow your savings into a canopy, lift motor, etc. I started with a used Shore-Station and added a new canopy and am now adding a motor and will still be under $5k. I also got a couple of Stowz-All storage nets for up in the canopy and we leave the tubes and other crap up there.

maxpower220
06-17-2009, 09:17 AM
I bought my Hewitt lift in 2003. I did a lot of hand cranking. I just installed the canopy and the lift motor. The boat is much better protected with the canopy vs the cover. The motor is cheap, but it is so much better than hand cranking.

I paid $2800 for the lift in 03, I just paid $1800 for the canopy and catwalk, and picked up the lift motor from Overtons for around $400.

kaneboats
06-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Dang, Paul, that's looking real good. I love the canopy look.

brenpire
06-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Do the lifts you are using sit on the bottom of the lake? Anyone have one that attaches to the dock or inside a boat house? Can you tell me how it works?

germa001
06-18-2009, 10:06 AM
We use a ShoreMaster floating boat lift that attaches to our floating dock. It works well for our situation because our water level changes so much. I have seen them on stationary docks also.

maxpower220
06-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Dang, Paul, that's looking real good. I love the canopy look.

Thanks, it only took 6 years to afford the canopy. Too bad they don't make the tower canopy in my wideth lift. The boat is on with the tower up in that photo and everything clears the water by 5". When I lower the tower, the boat goes up another 10" or so and is under the canopy nicely.

My lift sits on the bottom and has adjustable legs for different depths of water.

volfo
06-19-2009, 12:03 AM
everyone around here likes hydro hoist. Currently, they're a bit over 5 for the 4400 pounder and I was quoted just a bit under 7 for the 6600 pounder. I was able to get a used econolift for the best possible price, but if I was ordering new I would go hydro hoist without a doubt.

wolfeman131
06-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Do the lifts you are using sit on the bottom of the lake? Anyone have one that attaches to the dock or inside a boat house? Can you tell me how it works?

check out my profile and lunmar.com. my boathouse lift has an electric motor that drives a flywheel to a worm gear to another gear that is attached to a 2" diameter, 20 ft long pipe. you then have cables running from a cradle the boat sits on through pulleys that are attached to the boathouse and that wraps around the pipe when you run the motor to lift the boat.

Let me know if you want to see detailed pics.

Check out zegm's tread too from last summer.

lancesaville
06-19-2009, 01:31 AM
check out my profile and lunmar.com. my boathouse lift has an electric motor that drives a flywheel to a worm gear to another gear that is attached to a 2" diameter, 20 ft long pipe. you then have cables running from a cradle the boat sits on through pulleys that are attached to the boathouse and that wraps around the pipe when you run the motor to lift the boat.

Let me know if you want to see detailed pics.

Check out zegm's tread too from last summer.

that looks like a nice way, but our condo's POA rules say no roofing can be over any of the slips, not even canopies, so I just have a slip. I'm going to do a shoremaster vertical tho, have decided that. A local dealer made me a good price on a slightly used one. thx for all the advice guys.

LSV_Flying
06-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Do any of you guys use a boat lift? I'm thinking of getting one and don't really know of any good brands or models. The slip I use is 14x24 with about 5-6 feet of water under it. I'm wanting to stay under $5k for sure, and don't mind if it's manual, just something that won't rip off my tracking fins/prop/rudder and will keep the boat out of the water during the work week while summer is here. Inflatable docks would be cool too if anyone has had good experiences with em. Anyone have any good ideas or know of any good brands/models? Thanks in advance guys.

FLOE --- 5000 lb. I've owned Hewitt, Shorestation -- neither compare to the quality, fit and finish of the Floe (my Hewitt lifts for the PWC's were about $200 less each but still costly and they have been nothing but trouble). I have yet to find a Floe dealer i like and have been unimpressed with their company in terms of support (i spent $40k on 100 ft of dock, steps, two powered lifts yet cannot get anyone to give me a simple price list for some of the add-ons like a ench -- hence the Hewitt purchase) ... BE HAPPY, BUy a Floe.