PDA

View Full Version : Ouch, A new nibral prop

Dad The Driver
09-13-2002, 10:42 AM
I hit a sand bar with the prop only on my 2000 Outback. There were only small bends in it but it was enough to make the boat run rough. I had it replaced and when I got my bill it was $645 Canadian (about $400 US). Only $90 ($55 US) was labour. Doesn't that seem like too much?

moombamania
09-13-2002, 05:14 PM
We to have damaged out prop on 2000 Moomba Outback/LS. We had a local shop "Precision Prop" repair at a cost of $90.00. Unless she was total mangled I would think a repair would not be out of the question. Based on your dollars it sounds like you replaced. See if you can repair the other and you will always have a spare.

DOCDRS
10-09-2002, 11:15 PM
hi i live in ont as well. I was wondering what dealer it was you took it too?

DOCDRS
10-09-2002, 11:15 PM
hi i live in ont as well. I was wondering what dealer it was you took it too?

dmgx
10-28-2002, 11:22 AM
That is about right on the price, If you got it replaced. I would take the damaged one and see if it can be repaired and then you'll always have a spare. If you would like you can get a prop puller from OJ or Cutter and you can change it on the spot. Jay Warren Marketing Manager Skier's Choice

dmgx
10-28-2002, 11:22 AM
That is about right on the price, If you got it replaced. I would take the damaged one and see if it can be repaired and then you'll always have a spare. If you would like you can get a prop puller from OJ or Cutter and you can change it on the spot. Jay Warren Marketing Manager Skier's Choice

zegm
10-28-2007, 04:12 PM
My wife and I have owned a 1975 MasterCraft for over 23 years, I cannot tell you how many stumps we have hit here in the shallow waters of Florida. The prop has been bent, chipped and mangled in every fashion. I have NEVER bought a new prop. The most I have ever paid to have it repaired was 90 dollars. The props are made from a soft material (brass, etc.) and they easily repairable. I can only see buying a new one if you actually lost a blade.

zegm
10-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Of Course we will try to be a more careful when we purchase our New 2008 Outback V in the spring of 08. I didn't want to offend anyone with the MasterCraft name here. But to spend more money on a ski boat than what my 25 ft long Proline with twin 150 evinrudes cost is beyond me, sorry MasterCraft. Great boat to last 32 years but I need more room and the kids want to do this wakeboard stuff so we need a V drive and I want value. I think Moomba is a Great Boat. I really thought this after visiting Atlanta Marine and getting to test drive one for over an hour! But still I have damaged both of my stainless steel props on my fishing boat, cost 90 dollars to repair both!