PDA

View Full Version : Home made wrap

jester
06-12-2009, 12:26 AM
So i decided to do a home made wrap. What do you guys think? Great work.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/j3stert/IMAGE_018.jpg

Ok so i am taking a long trip tomorrow and decided to wrap my boat since there is a lot of road work going on between my house and the lake i am going too. I have a few helpful hints for anyone else that wants to try this.

1) You need two people. It takes a long time and a few beers with just one person.

2) srink wrap will not stick to what you want it too stick too and will stick to things you do not want it too stick too. Hince the reason for number one.

3) you might like having a spare tire but it is a pain to srink wrap around. Please see item number two for the reason.

4) use a stick to help roll the swrink wrap out.

5) remove stick before trying to put swrink wrap under boat.

6) you might want to remove the guide poles or risk the swrink wrap getting stuck between the boat and the poles.

I really wish i had a video camera because this would have been funny to watch if it was not me doing it.

I have not taken it on the road yet so i will let you know when i get back how well it worked out or if i end up on the side of the road taking it off.

Sorry for the bad photos but only had my cell phone on me

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/j3stert/IMAGE_017.jpg

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/j3stert/IMAGE_016.jpg

volfo
06-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Speechless. this is where obsession starts to get scary.

I completely understand it mind you!

mmandley
06-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Looks real good Mike. Not sure thats the idea i had in mind when i brough this up about shrink wrapping a boat. I kinda meant more so where the cover meets the boat to stop marks and scratches from the cover on the boat LOL.

Course when we goto Utah this summer i was thinking id wrap the tower speakers and possibly the board racks so the bugs come right off LOL.

Boat looks good i can just picture you out there doing that tonight LOL.

jester
06-12-2009, 01:34 AM
I have to protect baby. See what happens when people give me an idea. My friends have learned this a long time ago not to get me a hair brained idea or i might just take it too the next level :twisted::D

moombadaze
06-12-2009, 07:02 AM
wow, thats something

kaneboats
06-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Now that you have that job wrapped up you can be on your way. If there's road work going on it was worth the effort. Don't forget you have to do it again on the way home.

deerfield
06-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Jester - You are not alone. I, too, completely understand. - Deerfield

kaneboats
06-12-2009, 10:48 AM
By the way, your cell phone pics are almost as bad as mine.

jester
06-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Well i was thinking of leaving it on so i did not have to rewrap it. What do you think. I think i would be spending a few hours getting it off the prop. I did bring enought to rewrap it for the trip home and i hope to have help at the lake to get it wrapped again. I will try to take more pic's on the rewrapping process.

Also i do hate having a call phone camera. Can i just ahve a cell phone be a cell phone and not everything under the moon including an MP3 player.

kaneboats
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
That's what I have. It has a camera but the pics are so bad it doesn't really qualify as one. But I can HEAR on it so I LIKE IT!! If I want to send a message I'll use a full keyboard (or smoke signals).

SkiKY
06-12-2009, 02:07 PM
What's the story with the bimini, that doesn't look stock or like any of the standard after-market options? I like how it stores high and out of the way and didn't realize that was an option on an OBV tower.

jester
06-12-2009, 02:15 PM
I Love my bimini. It is a custom made one that my dealer had made. It has snaps on the back of the tower and just straps that come down. It sits at tower height so you don't hit your head on it. This is the best photo i have of the bimini out. I will try to get a better one this week when i get back home.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/j3stert/IMG_5127.jpg

gcombe74
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Speechless. this is where obsession starts to get scary.

I completely understand it mind you!

oh man that sums it up for me... wow...

wolfeman131
06-14-2009, 01:23 PM
jester - that is ghettotastic!

love the boat - looks almost just like mine! that's why I too understand your obsession with keepin' her looking good