PDA

View Full Version : History Question?

Copen80
06-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Hello Moomba Family. I recently purchased a 2000 Kamberra. What an outstanding machine. It is my first inboard, so many more questions to come. First, after reading through the history on the website I see that they eliminated the Kamberra line around 2003. I am curious why, and am also interested in knowing which current model might resemble the Kamberra?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

kaneboats
06-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Congrats and welcome to the family! I'm pretty sure the Boomerang was dropped due to lack of interest in a closed bow ski boat. Not sure exactly why the Kamberra fell by the wayside. It is similar to the Mobius LSV which is, I think I have heard, the #1 selling boat in its class. Enjoy!

04OUTBACK
06-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I cannot speak with certainty.. but, i think the XLV replaced the Kamberra.
Am I correct that the Kamberra is somewhere around 22'?
From what I hear, the Kamberra is a great boat! Enjoy!
In 2003, the LSV was 20'8" The XLV's are 23' The current LSV's are 21'6".

Copen80
06-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Yes the Kamberra is 21'5" (titled as 22'/24' with swim deck)

So far I love the boat. It is a real joy to drive and ski behind. I am looking forward to learning to wakeboard at some point. In the past few years ski and wakeboard shops have disappeared from our area, making it a little hard to demo anything. Luckily I have a couple of friends on the river that own boards that are more than willing to lend out equipment and instruction. Now I have to find the time to get together with them!!

Thanks for the Welcomes, I am glad to belong to the Moomba family!!

Razzman
06-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Welcome! Kamberra's are nice. I actually looked at one before i pulled the trigger on the LSV. I really liked the walk-thru transom on the one i saw. The only thing that stopped me was the tower that had been installed, just didn't look right.