PDA

View Full Version : Confirm Tower mount diameter for LSV

bjames
06-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to confirm as I dont have the boat yet, is the tower mounting diameter 2-3/8" OD?

Also can anyone recommend swivel board racks that dont rattle? Anyone have experience with the Roswell Swivel racks?

lancesaville
06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to confirm as I dont have the boat yet, is the tower mounting diameter 2-3/8" OD?

Also can anyone recommend swivel board racks that dont rattle? Anyone have experience with the Roswell Swivel racks?

Yep tower is 2 3/8. As far as racks, I use the stock ones, but have never heard a bad word about the roswell swivel racks. They're supposed to be pretty sweet. Good luck.

EDIT - Keep in mind, if you're wanting swivel racks so they don't stick out too far, what you're seeing when you look at the LSV from the front is kind of an optical illusion, the standard racks don't even stick out as far as the rubrail. Just a note.

Razzman
06-10-2009, 09:29 PM
If i'm not mistaken Roswell makes the swivel racks for SC/Supra and they are made very well. Can't speak for the off the shelf units though. I wanted swivels but when i saw the price i said no way i can justify that one! I had to change anyway as when the tower is folded down i couldn't get the boat in the boat house with them on so i bought some Airboom Quick Disconnect racks instead.

yearround
06-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Anyone have experience with the Roswell Swivel racks?

i had some when i first bought our boat last year. i kept them for about 2 months and gave them back to the dealer and went with the standard racks.

the button on one swivel broke, the swivel would not stay locked. it was a really expensive deal.

maybe others have had good luck with them, not me.