PDA

View Full Version : good surfboard to use to wakesurf

Limishowman3
06-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey i was wondering whats a good surf board to use to wakesurf with? I'm looking more for dimensions as my buddy lives on the coast and can search for used boards that sale for cheap.

lancesaville
06-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey i was wondering whats a good surf board to use to wakesurf with? I'm looking more for dimensions as my buddy lives on the coast and can search for used boards that sale for cheap.

I picked up wakesurfing last weekend. I used a Ronix stage surfboard, It was a light, long, great handling board, no complaints here. Good Luck.

mikebu
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Inland Surfer Blue is a good one...

kaneboats
06-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Lots of us have the Hyperlite Broadcast. It's easy to start on and fun to ride even if you start getting good (you can always remove the two outer fins too) and everyone in the boat can ride it.

moombadaze
06-10-2009, 04:30 PM
2nd on the hyperlite broadcast
also a cwb ride-very good beginer board

one nice thing about both boards is they both will fit in the factory wakeboard racks

sandm
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
broadcast should get the official vote as the best beginner board. easy to ride, as stated remove the 2 fins for more spin, and overall a good board to teach beginners on, and not much money..
I still carry it around once in a while..

Limishowman3
06-11-2009, 12:33 AM
well Im looking at getting a surf board to use. not a wakesurf board. I was just wondering what surfboards yall have ridden on that are nice to wakesurf with. My buddy said he could pick up some used ones for like a 100 down at the coast. So use for the boat and ocean. I tried tuesday with my wakeboard with the bindings off, impossible to get slack but was able to ride the wave and did some lipslides on top of the wave.

kaneboats
06-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Any surfboard should work. They are way bigger than a typical wakesurfer. Also, if you're going to try surfing a wakeboard you should get one of those ancient early edition ones that only went one way and had the point on the front. I think Moombadaze even made a kid surfer out of one with some gator grip on top.

Limishowman3
06-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Awww kane i was just doing it b/c i was tired of wakeboarding and we had a bunch of people on boat to make a good wakesurf wave. Plus my friend visited from the coast so he wanted to try. I told my friend to just get a real short board like 6ft, don't even know how much shorter they get but he will do work and find one.

kaneboats
06-11-2009, 12:43 AM
You'll be surprised how much fun it is. You can talk to people in the boat and even toss beers to the rider. Also, when it gets a little busy and you can't get good water you can still surf a bit. We wakeboard early, surf the middle of the day and ski late. Makes for a great day.

volfo
06-11-2009, 07:08 PM
My 8 year old son was able to surf, first time he tried, using my old O'Brien Shredder. It was one of hte "original" wakeboards - looked like a slightly smaller surfboard. I took off the toe loops and it was big enough he could surf behind our direct drive with no ballast, except me sitting near the back corner. Never let go of the rope, but he could get good slack for 10-20 seconds at a time multiple times, and then he'd fall out of the wave. He had a blast. He kept telling me that I needed to try - but I have a feeling that moving my 200 pounds will be a little different than his 65. Good thing I'm ordering about 1,000 pounds of ballast from wakemakers.

mmandley
06-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Anyone got any thoughts about the

Liquid Force Venture 5.6

Its supposed to be a good starting board.

kaneboats
06-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I think the zegms might have that board.

ToddXLV
06-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Lots of us have the Hyperlite Broadcast. It's easy to start on and fun to ride even if you start getting good (you can always remove the two outer fins too) and everyone in the boat can ride it.

Ditto that! My buddy has the HL Broadcast and that is probably the best board to learn on. It's not too booyant like the Inland Surfer boards where it's easier to get up. When you start out it's hard to get up if you have to start from your heels. With the broadcast you can start with your feet on the board as you are getting tension and you pop right up.

kaneboats
06-12-2009, 01:05 PM
That's for sure:

04LSV
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I use the inland surfer blue lake and its amazing except for the price of the board. We use it behind my 04 lsv and a 06 air 210 and it is so easy to ride and shred with.

kaneboats
06-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I have a 15 y/o "driver in training". She is doing much better. She drove for all of our surfing yesterday and is much improved.

jimmobius
06-16-2009, 01:09 AM
CWB ride is a good all around board everyone can ride. I have a Hyperlite boardcast 4'9" that I have used for one season and it will be for sale shortly. I just ordered a CWB Tsunami and can't wait for it to show up. Much better /faster board than the Hyperlite. Easier to hold the wake and quicker down the wake . My 2 cents. Jim .

jjolson
06-18-2009, 01:30 AM
CWB ride works well for me!

jimmobius
06-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Got my new board yesterday, what a diff it makes from the boardcast. It is a lot quicker down the wake , takes a little more effort to turn up the wake but not much. The trade offs are worth it in my opinion . I can't wait to sell the board cast... My good friends cwb ride is also a great board for everyone to ride too I woudn't mind having both boards in the boat.
Surfs up !!
Jim .

jimmobius
06-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Oh yea , it does fit the factory racks.
Jim .