PDA

View Full Version : Ballast setup in 2008 XLV Gravity Games?

No Gravity Magz
06-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey,
I just baught a brand new 2008 Gravity Games, and am wondering what ballasts I should fill? I am fairly new to wakesurfing.

Thank you,
Magz

mmandley
06-10-2009, 03:06 AM
Welcome to the Moomba family.

Concerning your ballast to fill for wake surfing, do you mean which ones do you fill?

Fill the center and what ever side your going to surf on. Dont fill both sides.

Theres lots of thread about ballast and surfing and how to set it up for good waves.

The basics -- Fill center bag, fill Left rear < for this example > Put the wake plat 3/4 down. Take the boat up to 10 MPH look at the wave. You want a nice dark section of water and very little white wash.

Adjust the wake plate and speed slowly to change the wave till it looks good.

Weight in the back of the boat makes the wave taller, weight in the front of the boat makes the wave Longer.

You will have to play with it a little to get it just right for your boat. You can use boat speed to adjust the wave also.

Post some pics of your boat, your wave, and the fun your having.

Welcome to a great forum.

Kelsey
06-10-2009, 07:42 AM
No Gravity....Rest assured, once you get the wake dialed in you will be very pleased. It has taken me some time with my boat, (mostly because I'm teaching myself, with the help of this forum), but last weekend we finally got it!!

Now instead of dreaming of wakeboarding all week, I'm dreaming of surfing. I can't wait to teach my friends and family. Taking my dad out this weekend and he is in his mid 60's....I"ll post pics if he gets it

moombadaze
06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
No Gravity,

Welcome to the Moomba family.

Remember we all like to see photos of the new ride so post some up if ya will.

Surfing--As mmandley said-fill front bag full, rear surf side bag full, wake plate 3/4 bow up and right around 10mph to start with-lake depth will also affect your wave-need at least 10' water depth.

choard
06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
I just got my 07 XLV up to surfing standard last week. I moved the stock 400lb (??) rear port side bag up and put it under the port passenger side (extended my fill and drain lines and kept it on the same pump. Then I laid concrete pavers down in the rear v-drive port compartment and put a Fly High 750lb on top of them and fill them with a Tsunami pump for now. I found some diving lead bars as well and threw those on the surf side as well. As the other guys have said fill the center sac and get everyone in the boat to sit on the surf side. Unless of course you have a bunch of people in the boat then put some in the front bow area.

If I can find more lead (pretty tough where I live) I will add it to the surf side but for now the concrete pavers will have to do. They add about 150-160lbs of weight so don't make a big impact on trailering plus I am lucky as the marina is about two blocks away.

Have fun!

No Gravity Magz
06-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Thank you everyone for the quick responses. I will be out tomorrow and hopefuly get some pics. But I have a problem... I was just out on my boat tonight and I had all the accesories on and then I had no power. I could start the engine but everything else would not come on??? I need help!

mmandley
06-13-2009, 03:07 AM
Thats pretty strange, I would be checking the fuses up under the dash to start off. Next check the battery connection only because if its lose it might be enough to start but the other cables might be loose enough to not have a good connection.

I would have to think with all the assesories on and no power to them now, it has to be something common to all and thats generaly some kind of master fuse at the panel.

No Gravity Magz
06-13-2009, 09:43 AM
It was the little circuit breaker that I had to reset thanks much Ed G