PDA

View Full Version : OBV wouldn't start, dealer backed up for 8 days or more.

McMoomba
06-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Last week we had trouble starting a couple of times and it seemed to get worse. So I took to the dealer this morning and they said they where about 8 days behind.......

The whole family is heart-boken.

kaneboats
06-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Maybe start with the obvious like the fuel filter.

McMoomba
06-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Maybe start with the obvious like the fuel filter.

changed it yesterday, no luck

gcombe74
06-09-2009, 03:08 PM
So when you say trouble starting... what do you mean? it turns over and over and over and starts? or just cranks away?

McMoomba
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Exactly, it will crank fine just not fire. It happened to me intermitantly over the past week. Oh well it is in the dealers hands now, I guess I will get all my honydoo's done over the next week.

snowboardcorey
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Sounds like either a faulty tether cord or some sort of fuel delivery problem. Either way it should be a pretty quick fix.

McMoomba
06-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Checked the tether cord. I think it is the fuel pump at this point. I can only hope they suprise me and get it done quickly.

04OUTBACK
06-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Search Indmar.com and see if there is an authorized Indmar repair center nearby?

K_E_N
06-09-2009, 09:47 PM
McMoomba, if you haven't dropped the boat off at the dealer just yet i'm sure there are plenty of us who can possibly help you trouble-shoot the problem. With that new of a boat, i would suspect something as simple as a loose connection somewhere. Ground (battery negative) is an often overlooked problem when dealing with boats. With autos, a wire only needs to be connected to the frame or body (unless fiberglass body such as Corvette). With boats, everything must be connected to either the engine block or a battery negative distribution block. Poor connections will often manifest themselves as an intermittent problem at first.

McMoomba
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Well the dealer (WSBD) got my OBV fixed (new fuel pump)!!! I dropped it off on Tues. and it was ready yesterday. Picked it up today and not only did they fix the mechanical issue but they replaced my decal that was lifting and plugged my tire that had a screw in it, all at no charge!! Brandon, Brad and Ronnie are on top of it. They said 8 days and took 3, WSBD is over an hour drive but worth it.

04OUTBACK
06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
WOW.. Great Story! WSBD Rocks!

insanepolack
06-13-2009, 01:38 PM
McMoomba, if you haven't dropped the boat off at the dealer just yet i'm sure there are plenty of us who can possibly help you trouble-shoot the problem. With that new of a boat, i would suspect something as simple as a loose connection somewhere. Ground (battery negative) is an often overlooked problem when dealing with boats. With autos, a wire only needs to be connected to the frame or body (unless fiberglass body such as Corvette). With boats, everything must be connected to either the engine block or a battery negative distribution block. Poor connections will often manifest themselves as an intermittent problem at first.

Good point, make sure your grounds are all tight with good connections. If it is not the fuel pump or if it is not a fuel issue it must be a spark issue. Maybe a distributor cap or something.

insanepolack
06-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I thought you said you replaced your fuel pump???

insanepolack
06-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Sorry those two posts are completely useless. :)