PDA

View Full Version : Snap-on covers....

.264 magnum
06-09-2009, 12:45 AM
We want to add snap down covers ASAP

1. I think snap down covers would save us a lot of pre and post launch time.

2. I think gray and red are better colors for hiding bird crap, spider carcases, spider webs, dust etc. than black? What say you?

3. Should we have the "male" snaps mounted facing up on the gunwale or farther out on the hull? Related to that - we can get Moomba logo covers for about $100 clams more than non-logo locally made covers. However, I believe the logo covers are made so that the males snaps must be mounted facing up on the gunwale only.

What do you think?

yearround
06-09-2009, 12:53 AM
We want to add snap down covers ASAP

1. I think snap down covers would save us a lot of pre and post launch time.

2. I think gray and red are better colors for hiding bird crap, spider carcases, spider webs, dust etc. than black? What say you?

3. Should we have the "male" snaps mounted facing up on the gunwale or farther out on the hull? Related to that - we can get Moomba logo covers for about $100 clams more than non-logo locally made covers. However, I believe the logo covers are made so that the males snaps must be mounted facing up on the gunwale only.

What do you think?

1, i only have only ever used the snap on cover, so don't konw about the time.
2, i store in my garage so i don't have that problem, but the black does show all dirt etc.
3, go local. you can get exactly what you want. unless you really want the have the logo cover. my logo cover has the male snaps up all around.

.264 magnum
06-09-2009, 01:02 AM
1, i only have only ever used the snap on cover, so don't konw about the time.
2, i store in my garage so i don't have that problem, but the black does show all dirt etc.
3, go local. you can get exactly what you want. unless you really want the have the logo cover. my logo cover has the male snaps up all around.

Excellent, thank you. The Moomba logo is not a big deal to me at all.

mmandley
06-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Can you guys post some pics of the covers your talking about? Or are these the bow cover and windshield covers you see on some boats?

I wouldn't mind a bow cover like that but i just cant bring myself to drill the holes to have the snaps installed. Plus ive seen a few postings on the snaps coming lose and or causing spider cracks

bjames
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Excellent, thank you. The Moomba logo is not a big deal to me at all.

If you want the moomba logo it should be no problem. I just about had a custom trailering cover made for my last boat and they said they stencial all sorts of art work/logos on boat covers to give it that custom look.

eseebeck
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
my 08 outback came with snap on covers and i purchased the full cover as well. I like the full better, my boat is on a hoist so the full cover does a better job of protecting it. I don't like the snap on covers becasue the snaps come loose from the boat and will pull right out. my boat is one year old 40 hours and most snaps are loose and I have 3 or 4 missing. Kind of a pain, the dealer is 3 hours a way so seems sensless to drive down there to have the snaps re installed and probably come loose in a month or so.

I'd sell my 08 order and 09 with out the little covers, just a full mooing cover.

just my opinion.

deerfield
06-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I like the full better, my boat is on a hoist so the full cover does a better job of protecting it. I don't like the snap on covers becasue the snaps come loose from the boat and will pull right out.

Echo that.

yearround
06-09-2009, 07:52 PM
...the snaps come loose from the boat and will pull right out. my boat is one year old 40 hours and most snaps are loose and I have 3 or 4 missing. Kind of a pain, the dealer is 3 hours a way so seems sensless to drive down there to have the snaps re installed and probably come loose in a month or so.

i guess you guys are just lucky to have the snap problems. we are at 1 year, 140+ hrs and at least 1500 miles trailering, have always used the snap cover, so far no problems

i will keep a look out for this cuz that would really be bad to have the snaps come off at the worst time